Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Do you agree with the free will concept? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130812)

SapphireBlue 16-08-2019 03:11 AM

Do you agree with the free will concept?

According to this guy, over 90% of people don't have free will because they're living on autopilot and in their "island of comfort".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32dq4cJhl2U

John32241 16-08-2019 07:46 AM

Hello,

There seems to be some confusion about free will. It is not an intellectual thing but a way of being kind of choice.

The energy of our intentions is known by all, at levels beyond the intellect, and that puts into motion a great many things.

At any moment we can shift our perceptions. Eolevate them or de-evolve them. That is the power of free will very few of us seem to understand.

John

SapphireBlue 16-08-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John32241
At any moment we can shift our perceptions. Elevate them or de-evolve them. That is the power of free will very few of us seem to understand.

Nicely put and totally agree with this (I was confused about where the 90% figure came from!)

Jyotir 16-08-2019 02:13 PM

Just because human beings utilize their free will by making poor choices does not mean that they don't have free will.

In fact, the making of even poor choices demonstrates the truth of free will.

Otherwise, God would simply be an autocrat, and we would be automatons.

Rather, what is happening is that God is really a slave of our free-will.

John32241 16-08-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
Nicely put and totally agree with this (I was confused about where the 90% figure came from!)

Hi,

That was this guy's point of view. I did not study his link so I do not know why he would think that. In my view, we all have free choice.

Now some times we get into a state of mind where we are unbalanced and out of control. That could be this 90% he has identified. Yet I would not identify that condition as being unresolvable. Actually more are awakening every day from my perspective.

John

Unseeking Seeker 16-08-2019 03:25 PM

The clue is love

Love is always unforced & by free will alone

God is Love & Love is God

Hence free will.

As for our delusion in illusion ... Love patiently waits for the lover to awake

Miss Hepburn 16-08-2019 03:52 PM

Anyone interested in free will topics would love the movie "The Adjustment Bureau",
Matt Damon, Emily Blunt.
:smile:

Molearner 16-08-2019 05:17 PM

re free will...……."Don't you know we are gods?".....this is the actual basis for half the people on these forums who claim to be god.....:)

7luminaries 16-08-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John32241
There seems to be some confusion about free will. It is not an intellectual thing but a way of being kind of choice.
The energy of our intentions is known by all, at levels beyond the intellect, and that puts into motion a great many things.
At any moment we can shift our perceptions. Elevate them or de-evolve them. That is the power of free will very few of us seem to understand.

Hello John!
Agreed. Well said.

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

7luminaries 16-08-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyotir
Just because human beings utilize their free will by making poor choices does not mean that they don't have free will.

In fact, the making of even poor choices demonstrates the truth of free will.

Jyotir, Hahaha :wink: Yes! Agreed...and does it ever.

Quote:

Otherwise, God would simply be an autocrat, and we would be automatons.

Rather, what is happening is that God is really a slave of our free-will.

:D LOL.....!!! (Luckily for us,) that too is by choice...of the purest authentic love we can just barely begin to apprehend. We exist purely on sufferance borne of great love.

Truly, it's a miracle of unknowable proportions :D

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L