Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   God created evil, (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148696)

sky 25-04-2024 07:44 AM

God created evil,

According to The Bible,
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45. Verse 7.

What a strange Verse imo....

Honza 25-04-2024 08:11 AM

My personal understanding is that God gets up to all manner of misbehaviour. Reality is particularly unpleasant. There is death, war, violence, disease, poverty, old age, hostility etc. etc. And God is fully involved in all such things.

I lose heart so often because of the evil I sense.

sky 25-04-2024 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
My personal understanding is that God gets up to all manner of misbehaviour. Reality is particularly unpleasant. There is death, war, violence, disease, poverty, old age, hostility etc. etc. And God is fully involved in all such things.

Death, disease and old age are the Laws of nature imo and cannot be altered but the rest are man-made and can be changed...
Don't lose heart Honza, we need to have hope that something better is around the corner..

Native spirit 25-04-2024 08:44 AM

As far as I'm concerned The bible is evil as is most of Religion except Spirituality

Namaste

Honza 25-04-2024 08:56 AM

I fall back on my understanding of Evil, Good & Neutrality. The earth plane, including nature and most of humanity is plain neutral. Maybe pure consciousness is just neutral too. Many Gods are neutral. IMO neutrality is not a good basis for reality. Reality ought to be good.

That is why I believe we fell from grace. Because we used to be good, but we fell into a neutral state. Some of us are even downright evil.

sky 25-04-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza

That is why I believe we fell from grace. Because we used to be good, but we fell into a neutral state. Some of us are even downright evil.

I personally don't believe in the 'Fall from grace' story neither do I see people as 'downright evil', but that's just me....

Neutral - Belonging to neither kind; not one thing or the other....

sky 25-04-2024 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
As far as I'm concerned The bible is evil as is most of Religion except Spirituality

There are definitely some ridiculous and seemingly unspiritual teachings in it.

Honza 25-04-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky
neither do I see people as 'downright evil', but that's just me...

I suppose it depends on what you mean. Someone like *deleted* stretches his 'neutrality' a bit far.

Molearner 25-04-2024 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit

Connecting with disembodied spirits is not a religion by definition IMO….

Miss Hepburn 25-04-2024 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45. Verse 7.
What a strange Verse imo....

Ha, yes - strange verse.
So what I see is in order to understand it ---one MUST understand this 'Lord', Creator.
What was His intent? Was He wrong to create duality? Any duality? Black/white, good/bad, light /dark, full/empty?

Why did He create it all? There is One Power (in my belief system); any and all power comes from that Source Power.

There can not be evil without a creator of it, in other words.
There can not be black without a white....in Creation, I mean.
(Before Creation - well ...that's a whole diff topic!!!) :tongue:

'Why', is the question would He create evil? Could there be good in this creation of His without it?
Did He intend to have His creation a basket of opposites?
And for what purpose, then?