View Single Post
Old 20-12-2023, 07:54 PM
Knower
I have had a few encounters as well.

One, his name was Raymond, was at my first own apartment, and he decided to follow me around. Often saw him wearing his tan corduroy pants out of the corner of my eyes (never directly). He'd be in the back seat of my then car, for example, or I'd see him at a store.

So one day, I had a friend visit, and I told her about Raymond, and just then, out of the blue and without any detectable physical reason, a whole row of books in my shelf fell over. Friend got a bit spooked...

Some time later, around Christmas time, I was visiting a friend at her home, and we were all (her, her husband and her son, me, and their dog at my feet) sitting at the living room table, having coffee and chatting. Their Christmas tree was at the other end of the room, and none of us were anywhere near it.

But when I told them about Raymond and what had happened when that other friend had visited me, an ornament fell off the tree and shattered!

That is when I actually scolded Raymond, telling him toppling my books over was one thing, but breaking other people's property was a no go. Shortly after that, I had a sit down with him and sent him home (into the light).

Never found out why he was still around, but I was still young - but come to think of it, I still am not asking that question when I meet ghosts (but I now feel more about their motives)

Because there are more:

When this house, where we now live, was about ready to move in (long delays in renovating due to COVID, energy crisis etc), I came here one day with the intention to clean, dust, mop, washing windows etc. So there I am, in the room that is going to be our bedroom, when I feel this presence, kind of gruff, almost aggressive, wanting to know what I was doing. I smiled, explained that I was cleaning the house, and I got the feeling that this was the initial owner of the house, trying to protect what he had built.

The next day, I went to get sage and I came to smudge the house, cleansing and during my little ritual I promised him I would take good care of his house, and told him he could now move on. At the same time I called protective energies to the house and affirmed that it would be a happy and healthy new home for all of us.

I have not seen or felt him since, but there is an unknown to me ghost tabby cat visiting often

And about cat ghosts, when I went back to the place we just moved out of, my girl cat Geraldine, who passed after Christmas last year, was wandering around lost, because she could no longer find us. I took a moment to sit with her and told her we were fine, she could move on to the rainbow bridge, and I think she did.

Last time I visited my parents at the cemetery for All-Saints Day, there was a young child wandering around, she came around my sister to hold my hand, also lost. (Just realizing this now, not at the time, there actually is a child's grave near my parents' resting place)

And just as she asked me how to find the light, the priest said something about eternal lights in heaven and the sun broke through the cloud cover, so I pointed and said "that way", and she left, happy.

I have to say I never feel threatened or uneasy in those presences!

(edited to add - there seems to have been a problem with this post, I can see it on my screen but it does not seem to appear in the post count of the thread...)