View Single Post
Old 11-04-2024, 02:38 PM
Sonolil

May I ask?

Quote:
What's really going to bake your noodle later on is...would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

I've always known this quote. But this hits me differently today.

I'll give you my own perspective first. And then I might ask some more questions, specifically to cryoldman who seems to have gone through lots of trials and errors.

First of all, sometimes synchronicities happen later. That is, I have a flash of intuition and do stuff and then the explanation comes later.

I call this "lightning is always faster than thunder," that intuition is always faster than reason. And it's generally why I believe in the power of not knowing, as well as the power of knowing (despite and because of my voracious curiosity.)

This is not at all like Neo, who got the explanation first and then what happens confirms it. The only way the opposite can happen is if you somehow heard something from someone else and then you let it get to you somehow (for better or worse.) This also happened to me a couple of times, hence the reason why the quote suddenly shook me. Did I let it affect me, or was it meant to happen no matter what I did?

I'm not sure how all this connects with cryoldman's conclusion. But generally speaking, I do want to believe that fate is not determined but rather made. That would explain how my "intuitive acts" could actually have affected reality and why lightning is faster than thunder. But it could just as well have been "prophecy" on my part, which is honestly more probable (and desirable) at this point in my life. In which case, there would be something like fate.

I read, extremely early on in my "spiritual" journey, that novices can't tell the difference between telekinesis and clairvoyance, that is, the difference between affecting your world and predicting it.

It's still true for me. Which is why I have to admit I'm still a novice at this point. But generally speaking, my hands are on prediction. Just... maybe there are like divergences to this thing called future.

I want to believe in cryoldman however, and I believe it when he said he made many mistakes and went through trials and errors to get to this conclusion.

Just remember that if you somehow successfully distinguished synchronicities from manifestations, that's a sign you're not a novice. That's what I read, and I took that to heart. Until then, there is still much to learn (and have faith in.)