View Single Post
Old 14-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Knower
Not long ago, I participated in some training for group leadership, and a similar approach was presented there too.

This becomes REALLY important to remember when a lot happens online, like written conversations, or people working from home.

Communication must become really precise and focused to avoid the wrong perception of messages that would have been perfectly clear during face to face conversations.

Covid, as well as a growing tendency to work from home, have highlighted this issue in recent years - especially since being eloquent online seems to become more and more "overrated".

I am observing a devolving spelling awareness as well as the increasing absence of punctuation and paragraph building in online communication - quick communication via chat, SMS and messenger apps often are not reviewed before sending, and are therefore a great source of misunderstanding and inter-personal rifts and quarrels.

And because we also no longer learn to resolve misunderstandings constructively, this results more in dividing us instead of connecting us - which was, if I understand that right, the primary reason for all this nifty technology...
Always do your best.
- Don Miguel Ruiz - The Four Agreements.