View Single Post
Old 24-04-2024, 12:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
disagree with this.
I didn't say there are no conscious choices, which seems to be what you disagree with, but you can't just imagine I said something I didn't and claim to disagree, because although you rebuke, I agree with everything you said without changing my initial position. This implies you don;t disagree with what I think, but you disagree with with what you think I think.

I'm just skeptical that isolated lifestyles are chosen, even if it's preferred. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but using an exception to the rule as a counterpoint actually supports the claim rather than provides evidence against it. Like if I say people have ten fingers, and another says I know someone with only nine - that actually supports the rule by citing the exception to it. Likewise, people will disagree and say, I know someone who chose it and has no influencing hangups, but generally speaking, the increasing incidence of lonesome lifestyles isn't chosen and it's rarely preferred.

In my case it isn't chosen because personal issues make me more remote, and most lonesome folks have issues like that. Plus then there are overall social trends that influence increasingly lone ways of life.

On this forum we want to say its spiritual, but then you find out that self-proclaimed lonesome people have a best mate and close friends, which... how is that a lonesome way?. A lonesome way is by definition having no one to turn to. For me it's different. No partner, no friends and I do everything on my own, but because I get along with my siblings and their kids - I think those are close relationships, and I don't feel lonely.