View Single Post
Old 28-04-2024, 02:34 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Ojas vs Tejas vs Prana
Defining them as Miss Hepburn had instructed in this thread.

These are subtle, not physical terms. To the best of my limited knowledge, these are the types of energies produced when Satva (equanimity) interacts with Kapha (earth and water), Pitta (fire and water), Vata (space and air) respectively. Of course not the physical earth / water etc. but the subtle elements.

Coming to food, first let's acknowledge that subtle classifications of food exist; physical classifications are e.g. calcium, iron, calories while subtle classification would be e.g. the way we reach for warm foods or cooling foods to counter the weather even if those foods are at room temperature. Heat countering foods are a common knowledge here in India, e.g. eating rose petals mixed with sugar in summers.

Vata, Pitta, Kapha are subtle classifications of food according to the elements they promote, and so are Satva (equanimity), Rajas (transformation/activity), Tamas (inertia).

So those foods which promote equanimity (Satvic foods) and also promote Kapha (earth & water elements) would promote Ojas to the maximum. But i think Rajasic (Rajas promoting) and Tamasic (Tamas promoting) foods of Kapha type should also promote Ojas in lesser degrees.

Let's take an example of someone building muscles then he may want to focus on Rajasic Kapha foods. Kapha foods being earth & water, so heavy & watery foods. Or even Tamasic Kapha foods, e.g. buffalo milk as i know wrestlers in villages of India prefer Buffalo milk for their profession. Indian cow milk is Satvic while Buffalo milk is Tamsic.

When we see shine of health on someone's face, that's Tejas. Ojas as i understand is vitality. Prana is the life force in the body. Hindu god Hanuman being the deity of Prana. He's the son of god of wind and also we do Pranayam (breath control) exercises to promote Prana in the body :)