View Single Post
Old 29-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Hi All ,Krishna too avoids giving specific food advice. Instead he just give generic guidelines

Re balanced diet and workouts , Krishna also say similar thing in Chapter 6 verse 17. there is great emphasis on regulation on food,workouts ,recreation,sleep ,exposure to sunlight / water/fresh air for good life which can result in general well being . Whatever approach we take. what's best in our situation
That's exactly right.

I have my 5 priorities because it can be generalised to any individual preferences.

In modern times we can measure energy in calories and have identified the vitamins and minerals, so we can do the math and we can say which food contains what, but in practice, we try to introduce more fresh food to replace the processed, hyper-palatative, calorie dense, nutritionless food people are eating these days.

We tend to use calorie and macro counting for obesity weight-loss, weight categorised sports and body building, but the general aim is to exercise moderation based on your own hunger signals. If you want to lose weight, you can feel a bit hungrier. If you're trying to bulk up some muscle, feel a bit fuller. Keep track of bodyweight by averaging 3 weigh ins a week (first thing in the morning) and you can adjust your level of hunger to the weight you want to be by eating a bit more/a bit less.

I'm not a fan of ambiguous terms like a food has 'vigour', and I certainly am against the idea of 'toxic food'... but I think the visualisation of oja being contained in wholesome food promotes a positive mentality and a harmonious relationship with food, so I'm all for it.