View Single Post
Old 29-04-2024, 06:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
However, there is such a thing as being wrong, misguided, deluded and so on, and I think most of us are at a most fundamental level.

I kinda feel like this "thought" thing is the key to everything. Much bigger than anyone realizes. Like techniques and so on are "person" driven. Ego in other words. The "I" which is the result of the past and memory and conditioning, that is pretty much interwoven with the "thought" produced by the brain, that "I" is what tries for this "spiritual" stuff thus why time and techniques are involved. These comments here in forums, one clearly sees "persons" with memories and habits and so on. The same ideas or beliefs are repeated over and over. The same patterns and habits. I could read posts and know who typed it without seeing names sometimes. Mine as well others could. Not all posts give away the writers "ego" though. But we carry it and are it in a sense. We are this person. (but not really)

If we let go of all thoughts, all beliefs, because of this self understanding, and pursue nothing except for the truth of who and what I am and what "this" truly is, because the true "I" cannot be a product of ones memory and conditioning and beliefs and drives and thoughts and content and so on, the observer only that carries this understanding of truth. In that all pursuit ends. All seeking. Pursuing and seeking requires "one" to seek and that one is the person built of carried conditioning and beliefs and thoughts and assumptions and so on.

I think that's the key and what mystics discovered. It is taught I think here and there but the "person" hears the teachings so one never truly changes in a fundamental way. One never quite gets there. To get there or be there would be ongoing as the "person" would take over ones consciousness from time to time. But I think that would be the true path. One in which we "see" for some time then probably lose it and back to ego, going back to being this "person" we have developed over time.

In the now to be completely free of all mind generated content is not hard I don't think. But sustaining it is hard. But then I think initially it is hard as one is not willing to drop all belief or they don't understand what that means. Typically one "thinks" about what it is or how one does it which means again they are the "person" trying to be spiritual or get whatever they picture is the thing. Yea I think it is hard lol. Our "go to" tool for everything is the ego or person. This is not using that in anyway. It is dropping it entirely. Being empty. Being one with everything. Zero resistance or conflict with anything. Zero interest in the past or future. No desires or judgement. Seeking nothing. Wanting to change nothing. Just being as the aspects of the true self.