Thread: Interpretations
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2024, 02:12 AM
Master

Dying is the process which a person goes through before actual death. There are only two ways to die, fast or slow. In my hospice work I am with patients both young and old, some are going through a slow dying process while others leave very quickly. Death is natural but the way we die, or are killed, may be morally wrong.

It is actually our body that kills us, our physical body fails and we are pushed out of it regardless the method of our death. Medical science has said that the last physical sense to go when a person is dying is their hearing, although our senses do go deep within us beyond their outward appliance.

Death is not painful but being in a body that is dying can be painful. In the dying process most people are separated from their physical body before death arrives. They will sleep more than they are awake and they often lose touch with the outside world. They may eat less or not eat food at all.

Food keeps us in our body; our energy is used digesting food in our body which anchors us in our physical body. Lots of healthy people do fasting and meditation and that experience lightens their presence in their body. A dying person naturally relinquishes the food and drink of this world days or weeks before dying.

Death and dying is a social and cultural issue as it is seen differently by different cultures, religions, and in different societies. Grieving the death of a loved one is natural; there is no cure for grieving. Although most people do learn how to live with it. I am learning a great deal from working with people who are terminally ill and just thought I’d share some of that here.