View Single Post
Old 27-01-2019, 10:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I like saying things I shouldn’t say, mainly because I don’t like shoulda, shoulds or I should do that, you should do this!

The survival/coping mechanism is a great point. There is that. In the world where everything presents itself, as a very diverse human experience, our personal experience, connected to something more beyond this world, especially a connection that propels us to experience ourselves differently, does serve to bridge us into our deeper connection as humans. Sadly for those who hold onto the god realisation or even the seeking of enlightenment as something beyond this world, can miss the vitality of their own aliveness here and now as all this now. Of course I am speaking of those who are able bodied and willing to serve the world itself as an actively engaged connection in the world itself. Sometimes in the survival mode, the dance becomes one of a solo dance, where as the direct experience we can attain too, as our higher integrated self, can become our very human life experience as a dance connected to more than something out there, something coming when I die, something greater that is beyond my own lived experience. It serves - I walk alone/we walk together as this life experience.

Of course I am a connector so I serve the lived experience not as a god preacher but through my humanness, through the life stories, through others that connect me deeper into the unified energies, unified as I have come to understand my own existence and connection in myself. In these moments it’s not about gods exsistence but what i bring to the table as I am in all this.

We seek the reason for our being here, being alive, being everything we are, we seek to know, to know god as a reflection of his power, his reign over us, his guardianship as our leader. Much like anyone we place on the stage of adoration as a need, to open to love and joy, to feel a sense of relatedness and belonging to something that fits you. In some ways god gives reason to feel differently. Whether we see him as love, power, as our leader, our understanding, as our true guide, as a figure head who has our back, or someone we can believe in, who believes in us, in the context of our own personal god experience and reason for being, falls back to ‘us and what moves us’ to be the person we are. I think when you settle into being you in every way you are, let god go, and let the life experience itself serve you and others, god settles. You settle. You know without needing to know.

As humans we like to look up to something, to revere things that we see as greater than us. Stronger, better than, more than us.We put these people on pedestals, adore them because they offer us hope of ‘more’ than we have, more than we know it want, we want, we desire, we feel, we see, we touch, we experience ourselves differently.

In the end we learn our potential, we learn our experience in this body and in this life, can be lived deeper, richer and connected , in ways we could never have imagined. As the seeker we find and meet god to understand ourselves and understand creation, the world, the universe as it is. To live differently. To feel differently. To live more fully and more connected as a human.
I don't worry too much about 'shoulda', I'm past the rebel without a pause bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I think when you settle into being you in every way you are, let god go, and let the life experience itself serve you and others, god settles. You settle. You know without needing to know.
This is the salient point for me, although it's not God that's settling but myself. I dare say we can bang on about what God might mean to others until the cows come home but it really won't get us anywhere. Frankly I'm beginning to tire of talking about God and being an atheist doesn't help. I'm very much with Haile Selassie in that Spirituality is not about the theologies and ideologies, it's about how we experience our existence. Interestingly enough I've seen very little in this thread about how people experience God and what their relationship with him is. The relationships seem to be around beliefs.

The seeker is always that which is sought, so if we are seeking God, a deeper richer connection....??? If we are seeking things that we perceive are stronger than, better then, more than us what does that say about us? That we can't find those things within ourselves?

"There is a great happiness in not wanting, in not being someone, in not going somewhere."
J. Krishnamurti

Can we not simply exist? Do we really need to live in ways we could never have imagined? Allowing the Universe unfold as it will brings all the things we seek to us, because often as seekers we're running away from and not towards.