View Single Post
Old 30-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
That has been my same observation, over and over again....there are similar concepts within the spiritual community that echo that type of thinking that I have found really dangerous....I joined at another forum centered around 'starseeds' and it was really scary some of the ideas exchanged there...dangerous ideas. But the label thing seems to be so popular, that people are so concerned with naming it, they forget to just experience it.

I have noticed that some seem to agree with your view on the labeling of different experiences. What I have a hard time with, is how do you communicate an experience in words, in a way that sums it up in general when conversing with people online, if you do not use a label? In my opinion, a label is just a form of communication, not a strict ideal that must be followed and allows no room to blur between the lines. Not to say that you intend your meaning this way either, but I've noticed others seem almost defiant of a label simply because it is one, and not focus on the meaning behind it. Possibly, it is just the means at which we can communicate a summed up idea in simplistic terms. Because from what I've encountered on this forum, even those that use the label, often times have vastly different ideas about what it stands for. I hope I've come across the right way here. I'm simply curious about this way of thinking.