View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
OK, try this. Very simply, your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. When you define what God is, that is how God exists in your reality, you are creating what God is to you. Alan Watts also said that if you know what God is you don't know what God is, because as soon as you say "God is...." you're talking about your definitions. By extension you're talking about what God is not. God is the omnipotent and omniscient Skydaddy which you are not.
Yes, this has been mentioned before. And there's more in that which has been imparted to us. As not exclusionary it applies to everyone. Shifting the perspective really doesn't change the question. Opposite arguments are from what I can see the same argument because by extension we have the problem, talking about what it is not to someone else by extension. Why even say God is this or that, just give that up.
Quote:
What if you're not talking about God but you are talking about your Self???? If you are God you are God, but you can play at being not God. If everyone is Spiritual, what are those that say they are Spiritual and others are not Spiritual doing? And for the most revealing question of all, what are their reasons?
Yes, maybe. Know thyself. Don't think it possible not to know but maybe. Let me give a for instance and a subject that touches upon these definition aspects. It's said God is Love. Who is saying this. Both God and I say this. If God did not say this I would. The perception is more then knowledge based and include experience and observation I say independently of God. Element of choice seeing. Self as said may also be a dimensional entanglement (non local that appears local) mentioned in the thread. As to why the body sees itself not as it is, is simple enough. Personally in regard to act I believe we know why we do things (in the heart center) if that was brought up. Intriguing question. Can one have their own opinion, can you be you.
Quote:
Where did your post come from? As I've said before, your reality comes from your definitions and they are your definitions because you created them. They'll be influenced by so many factors, and history being one of them because you'll read about it and have a relationship with the information. Your personality also shapes your reality, as does your genetics by way of how your brain is hardwired and how it processes Spiritual information. Or not. Whether you're an introvert or an extrovert will also make a difference to your Spirituality.
Yeah, me or God. I have to ask where dose any post come from. Shifting the perspective doesn't change the question. It remains the same question. I imagine this post comes from the place all writings might.
Quote:
What's also not known and almost always ignored is that God has a history before Abraham - and you've said already you don't have much truck with Abrahamic discussions but they're also a part of the mentality that has produced the beliefs in God.
Even go back further. Much in history is lost. Imo there was a history before that history no less important. Can one even imagine having the first thought about God, what that was like. It was totally new. No such thing as a first thought any more.

Last edited by lemex : 02-02-2019 at 09:33 PM.