View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Hey there Moonglow

Actually, hibernating isn't such a bad thing anyway because the body tends to slow down a little with the inset of the cold, and dark nights tend to make us a little grumpy so shutting down through it all isn't such a bad thing. It's what our ancestors used to do.

How can anyone be sure of anything, Moonglow? When the car crash happened my consciousness shut itself down, pretty much. I hadn't blacked out because I was very aware that is was..... not sure where. There was total blackness all around and there was no sensation of anything external. There was no feeling of standing or sitting or anything else. All I was aware of was my own being. There were times when I would have a short sensation that seemed to sneak in from the outside what seemed like a shift in consciousness. The was the sensation of my foot on the brake pedal for a few seconds, I heard my wife screaming and that was about it. My wife was very aware of what was happening and said that if it hadn't been for my reactions and how I handled it, we would have been killed.

So what was going on there? While my consciousness shut itself off from the event did my body have an experience, did my mind have the experience, does anything have the experience if my consciousness didn't? The event happened, I braked and new that there was a car on my rear left rear quarter so had the sense not to try and swerve left, and there was a barrier on my right and must have known not to try. When I look at the dashcam footage I can guess what was going through my mind but as far as I'm aware it hadn't. Did it?

What did I experience, really? Did I experience it? If I am the detached consciousness who was driving the car, who had the reactions and the sense? Even without my consciousness I was still... there was something going on.

"To think is to create" but was I thinking as I averted disaster or was there something else going on?

I was watching a TEDx YouTube on the topic of bringing Spirituality and science together again, apparently it was the same thing at one but they fell out. The speaker suggested that God was a personification of all of reality, and that science was a way to explain God's creations. If God created the heavens and the earth, science explains the working of the planets and why they are in orbit with the sun. But I guess science is something that's difficult to have a monopoly over, specially in the process that turns theories into facts. Facts mean that something has been tried and tested, while beliefs can mean anything anyone wants them to be.

Doesn't "All that Is" include God?

Hey there Greenslade,

It is what I tend to do during the dark winter months. I kind of shut down. It seems in relationship with Winter being related to time of rest. I tend to get more introverted and find have to get out to reassociate a bit, otherwise get to self enclosed, which is not always healthy for me. But yes, at times the instincts kick in to shut down a little and let the systems regenerate.

Interesting on your experience. I don't really know. Sounds to me like you kicked into survival mode and was focused on just keeping you and the Mrs. alive. No time to over think, it seems it was a time to just survive.

Perhaps there is a detachment that goes on. For if the thinking about what could happen or how and such may interfere with the instinct to survive and hopefully get through it. Just a thought on this.

What is consciousness anyways? It sounds like you were very conscious of the moment and what was happening, but not over thinking. Pure reflex?

It is a shock to the system when something traumatic happens or can be when witnessed. Suppose need time to process it and heal from it.

Glad you and the Mrs. survived it. Sending good thoughts your way for what healing is needed.

Back to God. If taken God is all there is then this suggests to me that Science and Spirituality are not that different in attempting to explore God. Just different focus. But, some "spiritual" teachings use nature as an example of divine connection and opening up. The Lotus comes to mind. A plant that grows in muck, grows to reveal a beautiful flower.

Seems life can be like that. Sometimes the most difficult times can bring forth strength and reveal ones own beauty in how he/she copes with it. Brings to mind a friend of mine who passed away due to cancer. I had a long talk with him about a month before he passed and he was working on a book about gratitude and expressed how grateful he was. It was very beautiful.

The divine is very subtle and I think when one stops worrying about it, stops trying to figure it all out and define it, this is when it truly shines. For the barriers are down and consciousness freely flows to bring awareness to what is happening right now.

I feel a bit unattached at times and not always sure why? Sometimes feel like my spirit is working ( for lack of better word) on something and feel a bit distracted. Not that its seperated from me, just feels like an itch that needs to be scratched, if that makes sense.

As far as God, created by ones belief, doesn't this create it to be? In its essence, then is it not the essence of life itself? All that which has been infused into the term, does this not also create what it symbolizes? Just thoughts here.

If so no wonder it can get a bit looney. No wonder some say "let go and let God"
I like "Let it be". A good song as well

Suppose it is how one feels it to be. Maybe God is the higher virtues we strive for and the inspiration to enhance ourselves to live them. But have to be aware of both sides in order to be aware of the whole, I suppose.