View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Totally, have to agree important and true. Your post are informative and have given many hidden influences on the subject that exist but are ignored.
Thank you, nice of you to say so.

Quote:
A bit too limited for me. If one is Spiritual one is playing at not being God. If you are God you are God. God hides from itself, is that even possible? And isn't everyone spiritual though. Actually I'd say it's right also to say we are listening to our own narratives because many reasons have pointed out (given). Don't we have to see the narrative?
Yes, everyone is Spiritual so what does that tell you?

OK, try this. Very simply, your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. When you define what something is Spiritual, for example, by extension you define what is not Spiritual. When you define what God is, that is how God exists in your reality, you are creating what God is to you. Alan Watts also said that if you know what God is you don't know what God is, because as soon as you say "God is...." you're talking about your definitions. By extension you're talking about what God is not. God is the omnipotent and omniscient Skydaddy which you are not.

What if you're not talking about God but you are talking about your Self???? If you are God you are God, but you can play at being not God. If everyone is Spiritual, what are those that say they are Spiritual and others are not Spiritual doing? And for the most revealing question of all, what are their reasons?

We do have to see the narrative but it takes a lot of time and effort to shift the dust and look at what's underneath in a very honest way. To understand the reasons humans do anything all you have to do is ask what you get out of it? Some prefer the narrative, to play at being not-God because their definitions of themselves aren't what they could be.

Quote:
Again not sure what is being said, one thing or two things. If two things, then I say I am not the source. If I am, prove to me I am this source and created the universe we're in. Prove I am the source and you are not. Are we really the source of our beliefs, I tend to see belief is not independent of other factors (influences), you actually identified other ones, like above, in history. Much of what is belief actually is picked up first.

I enjoy much of what you have said that challenge us to see other forgotten influences. I agree with a lot of what you say.
Where did your post come from? As I've said before, your reality comes from your definitions and they are your definitions because you created them. They'll be influenced by so many factors, and history being one of them because you'll read about it and have a relationship with the information. Your personality also shapes your reality, as does your genetics by way of how your brain is hardwired and how it processes Spiritual information. Or not. Whether you're an introvert or an extrovert will also make a difference to your Spirituality.

What's also not known and almost always ignored is that God has a history before Abraham - and you've said already you don't have much truck with Abrahamic discussions but they're also a part of the mentality that has produced the beliefs in God.

To be honest Lemex, it's nice to talk to someone who doesn't have his head in a goldfish bowl.

http://inspirationalvideosandquotes....rdpress/?p=218