View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Greetings Greenslade,

It comes across to me how one feels and experience life.
What has been passed down, told to us, and what resonates or not.
God is a reference point, but what is it referring to?

It is called by many names, but do these change it being or just how it is perceived? Perception creates an interpretation, which leads to definitions. But these are just how it is created in ones mind or what gets created.

If God be pure presence and the creating force behind and with in all, then would presume everything is of it. Through such terms and feelings of Soul and/or Spirit doesn't one feel this presence and energy of manifestation and creation?

If so, then existence seems not stagnant, but on going and flowing. In this way would venture to say reasons change, understandings change, perspectives and perceptions change. This seems reflected throughout history.

But, some things tend to hang on or resurface. It seems that the reoccurring themes point to what may be clues to what "God" represents.

Which to me seems for some what the Spiritual exploration and for some termed a journey is about. Exploring that aspect in us. The energetic aspect that seems is more then just this physical body.

For me though it all intertwines. May explore and toss the ball around in regards to "Spiritual" matters, but do not feel it is separate from mind or body. My thoughts affect my body, being inspired affects my mind and feelings. All has influence upon views towards "God" and other aspects of self (energy). Science seems to be reflecting these connections within and around as well.

A guy I work made a comment that many Scientists are Christians, but because of funding has to keep it under wraps. Found this interesting and not all Atheists deny a creator of some kind, nor all scientists are Atheists.

It strikes me a bit bonkers that so much energy is spent by some dividing the self up, while saying "all is one". What fits into the set theory, teaching, philosophy and such. Not all just enough to have me comment here.

I mean if as much energy was invested in uniting together despite differences, as is in dividing, what a force humans can be. What would manifest? Would such thing as God (in what it refers to) even matter?

Wouldn't we see, feel, and find what is sought in God, to be with each and every one of us?
Hey Moonglow

I was wondering about you and hoping you weren't flash-frozen to the sidewalk as though you'd been trapped in some apocalyptic movie.

The biggest problem, Moonglow, is that science doesn't meet Spirituality. While science is willing to stretch out a hand to Spirituality, Spirituality keeps its hand close to its chest and ignores the rest. So, here's a little secret for you that Spirituality ignores - matter is emergent of consciousness, so the Bible got it right in its own linguistic context. Hurrah for the good guys, except that Spirituality won't embrace that. Sad.

Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. When you say "God is..." you define how God exists in your reality, you don't define God himself. When you define what God ism, by extension you define what God is not. Usually that's you because humans aren't omnipotent not omniscient, and they tend not to pray to themselves when that's the sensible thing to do.

So you ask "How is it perceived?" but I would ask "What is being perceived?" If there's no clarity as to what we're actually talking about then is anything after that going to make any sense? This is where the discussion of God falls down, while so many are waxing so Spiritual few have taken the time to really understand what they're talking about. The discussion about God is the discussion about ignorance on so many levels.

Science has the answer, not Spirituality nor religion; matter is emergent of consciousness. Matter comes into being because the consciousness of the observer affects the double-slit experiment, so the Bible had it right when it said 'God' created the physical universe. God exists because people believe God exists. Every word that's been said about God is really about the human mind trying to make sense of what can't be grasped by the human mind, but the human ego needs to express it anyway.

What we term as God becomes the personification of all of consciousness, because the human mind just isn't capable of grasping what consciousness is never mind all of it that exists. What we term as God is the personification of all of reality.

The recurring themes about what God is or isn't comes down to mentality and has nothing to do with God. People today believe in God for the very same reasons people believed in God even in pre-Christian times. People pray to God and not Mars to be successful in battle, others pray to God and not Dionysus so that their wine harvest will be a good one. So yes, the names have changed but people are still just people.

If it's all God's creation then what does that say when people separate religion/Spirituality and science? Does the Hermetic principle of "As Above, So Below. So Below, As Above" not mean anything? Isn't science not about coming to an understanding of what God created?

Why do people simply ignore so much of God's works, so much of 'All That Is' then talk about it with so much conviction? I couldn't do that and look at myself in the mirror.

“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together.
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”
― Max Planck

Was he talking about God? Einstein was a believer in God and Tesla was known to be very Spiritual, and so many others past and present were/are the same. At one time religion and science were one and the same, but they 'fell out' and have never talked to each other since. Spirituality is anything you want it to be, God is anything you want him to be, beliefs are anything you want them to be. Reason, logic and truth are all relative to one's own agenda. On the other hand, science is a long process of coming up with facts and there is really no room for beliefs as facts. Yes there are theories but at least scientists are honest enough to say they are theories. In a scientific process the belief in karma would be ridiculed, yet in Spirituality it's a Universal Law that the bad guys will get theirs, even after subsequent reincarnations.

In Gestalt Reality the sum of the parts is not greater than the whole, the sum of the parts is a being unto its own right. So you have a physical body that facilitates your experiences within this plane of existence. You have a brain (allegedly) and a mind that processes sensory inputs from your experience and information that you read/hear, you have so many aspects that make up the being that is 'you' - the one that is Spiritual, the one that goes to work every day...... Your physical body, your consciousness..... so many aspects that are Gestalts or parts of the 'whole you'. If we are 'parts' of God?

The seeker is always that which is sought, Moonglow.