View Single Post
Old 30-11-2012, 02:38 AM
GhostMachine

I don't believe in TF

And let me tell you why!!

Mostly the concept does not resonate with me, because it has been my own experience that we do not just have one soul mate during our lifetime. The TF idea denotes that there is only one person (at least in my own understanding and research) that you will either cross or not cross paths with in your life that is the 'split-apart' of your own being.

Now, this concept encourages people to approach their own being in a type of incompleteness. That...you have been divided, and until this person is a part of your life, you are not whole. That the finding of this person will somehow cause a spiritual completeness within you.

We have been indoctrinated in this society to give our power away to other people...we let them influence our emotions, or decisions, and in the case of the TF, we give them half of ourselves and attach an awful lot of 'stuff and things' to them. In giving that power to them, we also place a huge obligation on their shoulders to meet this expectation, to fill this void, to make us happy.

I know many people believe in twin flames, but I think that the truth of it is, that we are born complete, we are not split apart...rather, there are a handful, (and if you are lucky, sometimes more) of people in the world that compliment your being so wonderfully, that they seem a part of yourself.

Thoughts?