View Single Post
Old 30-11-2012, 04:01 AM
Iseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMachine
We have been indoctrinated in this society to give our power away to other people...we let them influence our emotions, or decisions, and in the case of the TF, we give them half of ourselves and attach an awful lot of 'stuff and things' to them. In giving that power to them, we also place a huge obligation on their shoulders to meet this expectation, to fill this void, to make us happy.

Now, this concept encourages people to approach their own being in a type of incompleteness. That...you have been divided, and until this person is a part of your life, you are not whole. That the finding of this person will somehow cause a spiritual completeness within you.

I can respect that. I really can, and I think we all need to be vigilant that we're not giving our power away, or looking for justification or validation to feel incomplete or emotionally unhealthy.

However, twin soul experiences are not, in themselves, about giving away power or incompleteness.

Quote:
Mostly the concept does not resonate with me, because it has been my own experience that we do not just have one soul mate during our lifetime. The TF idea denotes that there is only one person (at least in my own understanding and research) that you will either cross or not cross paths with in your life that is the 'split-apart' of your own being.

I know many people believe in twin flames, but I think that the truth of it is, that we are born complete, we are not split apart...rather, there are a handful, (and if you are lucky, sometimes more) of people in the world that compliment your being so wonderfully, that they seem a part of yourself.

(Agreed with the other posters who say that split apart is not the only way to define twin souls!)

I think it is a matter of personal experience, here. Most of us experience soul-mates and close connections in our lives, and yet there are some who seem to be having a different experience entirely.

I know how much some hate it when people say you have to experience it yourself to get it. But what that means is NOT that you have to come to the same conclusions about what it is or what it means (as in, "If you don't agree you OBVIOUSLY haven't gone through it!"). What it means is that you'd have a broader perspective on why people draw the conclusions that they do (that twin souls are an altogether different experience than meeting a kindred soul or a close soulmate), and wouldn't immediately assume that the only plausible reason for doing so is emotional instability or psychological confusion.

They don't seem a part of yourself, they are a part of yourself. And maybe this is the reflection of the greater whole, the We Are All One idea. To recognize yourself in others. I can't say I understand what it is or how it works, but I know for certain it isn't about expecting another man or woman to fix you, fulfill you, or make you happy.

I think we've learned through these experiences how important it is to learn how to love and accept ourselves. That is what makes us whole.