View Single Post
Old 30-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Raineco

Quote:
.but i know most on here have experienced something that nothing else compares to, ....i know i have ...and yes like you, i do believe that we have many soulmates throughout life

yeah exactly, here too. So, GhostMachine I see you're getting a lot of responses like this. Before the tf meeting I had not given soul mates much thought but of course I thought you had more than one. And of course I knew not to look for someone to complete me, so I don't think any of us are here because we read about it and said "I want to find mine," not at all.
So, GhostMachine I would say to you, if you are really researching this, you've got to learn about the individuals experiencing it, hear our stories, cuz a bullet point list in an article won't do it justice.

I can't imagine learning of the twin flame idea before having met a "suspected case of it"; if I did I would've dismissed it as silly and not looked further. But I ran across it online right after the meeting, then spent the next 5 mos denying it and ignoring the concept, wouldn't read any more about it, etc.
And now that I know for sure this "twin flame thing" IS the nature of the experience, the right label for it, I still could not care less whether there is only one and our soul was split eons ago, etc... It was because of what happened that I read more and tried to learn what I should do, but for myself and my healing, not for the other. So while, yes I had a longing for contact with the tf/sc, it was the intense quality of that longing and of everything that was brought up to the surface that pressed me on.

I never wanted to put the tf label on it for its own sake. In fact I wouldn't want this to happen again with someone else (but I think it could), I think for a life partner I'd rather have a soul mate I felt was one of several soul mates, not an aspect of myself like this feels, cuz it is too intense and too deep and makes "normal and boring" look good sometimes.