Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Master
You never hear tracks by some of the 60's and 70's bands, but hear loads of track by others from the same era. It is a mystery. Who remembers 10cc? They were huge in their day, but have vanished into obscurity. The Who never seem to get played either. There are others which are totally overlooked these days.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Master

On the music channels on Freeview they play obscurer bands from the 60s&70s as some of the programs were a mixed bag, there are other channels to if memory serves eg BBC3&4 and RedButton plus a Sky channel besides the music channels that play concerts and festivals, in fact months back when at my sisters I saw The Who were on for some hours in concert on one of the channels.
Old Today, 08:04 AM
Master

Podshell... Yes they do, Ive seen some of those channels with long forgotten bands/ artists.

Honza, it's true, we had SO many great bands in the 60's and 70's .
Referring back to what Pod said , if you have a Freeview box, sky arts on channel 36 show loads of great concerts in the evening and into to early hours. ( Not everyday but a lot ).
It used to be channel 11 but they recently moved it to 36, so it's always worth a scroll across the guide bar.

But back to Elton John, and I asked husband if he remembered "live like horses" and he didn't so I played him it and he loved it , he couldn't understand why it wasn't a massive hit .
Like Pod, he likes Sacrifice and I know one of my sons loves 'your song' .
I also liked 'circle of life '.
Old Today, 11:37 AM
Master
Sacrifice is a beautiful song. I also like the song dedicated to Princess Diane... Candle in the Wind.

And there's Nikita, which is a funny song!
Old Today, 12:36 PM
Master

AB-I notice Coldplay have been on at Glatonbury that should be on TV at some stage.