Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-09-2024, 01:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
hope your well.

As Karma is nontransferable and I am responsible for my own Karmic experiences then I'll have to accept ownership

I am thank you, took a while.
So if you stub your tiny toe, and karma dictates it hurts..
Do you own the hurt?

In my view, Karma is the law of cause and effect.
That is not the same as owning, something. There is no blame there nor a person doing the causing.
Of course one could say if I paid more attention I wouldn't have stubbed my toe. But then how deep must you go to find who was at the root cause? for the effect of Karma to play out. Is that still you?
Seems like a lot of unnecessary ownership which in most cases is the root of plenty more causes.

Take care of the causes and the karmic effect will play out of it's own volition. Nothing to do with ego.
Old 25-09-2024, 04:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsquotl
But then how deep must you go to find who was at the root cause? for the effect of Karma to play out. Is that still you?
Ah, yes, that's the way. Go deep to find out who is the root cause.
Old 25-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Master
Quote:
I am thank you, took a while.
So if you stub your tiny toe, and karma dictates it hurts..
Do you own the hurt?

(Great to hear you are now feeling well, )

Do you think 'accidental happenings' count towards karmic consequences ?
When you say 'hurt' do you mean physical pain, if so, yes I do own it.....
Old Yesterday, 03:54 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
(Great to hear you are now feeling well, )

Do you think 'accidental happenings' count towards karmic consequences ?
When you say 'hurt' do you mean physical pain, if so, yes I do own it.....

Yes because it's a matter of cause and effect. A karmic consequence in my view is just that. The effect to a cause. In these small "accidental" things equally as in causes that span lifetimes to take effect.

It's not about punishment or reward. Even though it seems that way being born in the heavenly realms as opposed to being born in the hellish realms. They are equally depended on causes. What I did come to understand is that in the end none of the effects or causes for that matter has nothing to do with "me".

When you say you own physical pain. Can you decide not to feel it? can you decide to feel it just because you want to? can you give it to somebody else?
What exactly about that physical pain is it that you own?
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:

When you say you own physical pain. Can you decide not to feel it? can you decide to feel it just because you want to? can you give it to somebody else?
What exactly about that physical pain is it that you own?

You cannot control everything you own. I can control how I react to pain and how I deal with it and am capable of stopping pain turning into suffering, which I know from personal experience exacerbates the physical pain....
Old Today, 04:15 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
You cannot control everything you own. I can control how I react to pain and how I deal with it and am capable of stopping pain turning into suffering, which I know from personal experience exacerbates the physical pain....

I am inclined to agree with the latter portion. The question I am having though if you cannot control something, Do you own it?

You seem to think so, I don't, but that hardly matters.