Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-07-2024, 07:30 PM
Master

Very well said Goldcup7, it is all a matter of perception, especially with our five human senses, but beyond our human senses perception changes. Yes, in my opinion, consciousness is infinitely one, and it is not restricted to the definition of words like “consciousness.”

I am now coming to embrace that there really is no inside and no outside, whereas before I viewed that divinity as being within me and the world on the outside of me, now coming to understand that too are but concepts. The Oneness of Being permeates all concepts and thoughts, dimensions and perceptions, of being.

My perception is ever growing and changing and I am grateful for that. I hang out with one perception for a while, some seemingly longer than others, and then something comes along, an experience or insight, which shatters that perception and replaces it.

Perception is part of the dance, it is the vehicle we ride on the journey, and eventually that vehicle also will be released. In my opinion awareness is light which shows us the way to ourselves. A Self which is beyond limitations, labels, concepts, and perceptions.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 05-07-2024, 12:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
JustBe, I embrace that we live and have our being in our own awareness, and not every We are all awakening at our own pace and interpreting our awakening using words which are often inadequate. IMO.

Even without awareness or expression the nature of all life is connected to that which people here, are describing as ‘enlightenment’. All life is in totality a part of the totality or ‘that which gives life to’ a human being. In this view, coming into balanced being my experience ‘sees through’ what I am and continue deepening into. For me, my deepening is really just viewing all life through the one, without separation. Doing so, means even the most ignorant or stubborn person, the most resistant person, is myself, so how I view them is really how I view myself. It’s kind of like, I can be aware and observant of them where they are, but the ultimate is really just being present in my own presence, where the mind no longer entertains separation, but is simply open.

Looking back through your words you did mention inner world, I missed reading that the first time. I was more curious why ( as part of the whole space thing) you may have overlooked it.
The universe is made up of experiences that are designed to burn out your attachment, your clinging, to pleasure, to pain, to fear, to all of it. And as long as there is a place where you’re vulnerable, the universe will find a way to confront you with it. - Ram Dass
Old 06-07-2024, 03:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Hi everyone. Something I've noticed is there are some stereotypes for what a spiritual/enlightened person is. Do you think only those people can achieve enlightenment or can anyone achieve it?

Hi Moon,
I don't know about what others want to, or are able to achieve.

I went through a period where I got caught up on what enlightenment was or wasn't, for that matter ... who is and who isn't ... I wondered whether I would ever 'achieve' that state ...

Many years later, down the track, I now know, that for me, it is just about the little realisations I make along the way, as I live my life, which shed the brightest light for me ... I find myself drawing parallels, which seem to open me up to deeper understandings and experience ... it often happens with nature, or music, or when I am around children ... I might be looking at the pattern in the bark on a tree, and find myself relating that to some experience I have had, and suddenly, if I follow that 'insight' I see everything in a new light ... it feels clumsy trying to explain it to someone else, and I can even remember, at times, when I have made certain realisations, or had experiences which feel very 'spiritual' I have been left feeling that if I try to use words to describe those experiences, there is a risk of it being 'watered down' or losing some of its 'purity' or 'sacredness' even ...

Life is truly amazing isn't it, even the hard stuff, and what I have come to know is that while I am looking for truth outside of myself, the simple realisations which I know will enrich my understanding, and my 'being' really, are the ones that come from within ... simplicity seems to speak to me with the most clarity ... that's just me though ... I have met some unbelievably enlightened individuals in my life, and can almost 'see' the light radiating from their being, and yet, it can not be replicated ... we all have our own light :)
Old 06-07-2024, 05:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
simplicity seems to speak to me with the most clarity
Simplicity is the heart of truth.

“It is not daily increase but daily decrease, hack away the unessential. The closer to the source, the less wastage there is.” ~ Bruce Lee
Old 06-07-2024, 07:39 PM
Master

One could say there is nothing to achieve, just something to be aware of or have knowledge/understanding of.
Old 07-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
Simplicity is the heart of truth.
Short sentences often contain much wisdom. (anon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
“It is not daily increase but daily decrease, hack away the unessential. The closer to the source, the less wastage there is.” ~ Bruce Lee

Yep ... travel light
Old 07-07-2024, 03:42 AM
Master

JASG…..” It is not daily increase but daily decrease, hack away the unessential”

Ah yes I have found this to be very true.
Old 07-07-2024, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
One could say there is nothing to achieve,
just something to be aware of or have knowledge/understanding of.
Ooo, I like that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-07-2024, 01:34 PM
Ascender

" Enlightenment is a destructive process.
It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier.
Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth.
It's seeing through the facade of pretense.
It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true. " -- Adyashanti
Old 11-07-2024, 10:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid
t's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.

what the masters never tell you (do they even know I wonder?) is that any of us who takes such ideas as true enough to act upon them eventually ends up with THAT as our truth, only we are so used to the idea that by doing that we can chip away at false truths that we don't realize that the very act of becoming 'accustomed' to doing it is yet another of the false truths that needs to be chipped away at.