Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-06-2024, 07:33 PM
Administrator
Yes I agree we die when our time is up, here pension age here is 64 they were talking about putting it up to 70.

Namaste
Old 25-06-2024, 07:55 PM
Guide

At the end of the day,it depends on how much you want to live and if you have any dependants.As I said ,I dont care when or how My time is up I've also met elderly people who've said that they'd had enough.I suppose it depends on your age and circumstances.

Native spirit...........here in England,the retirement age is 67.It used to be 65 but some bright spark in Government put it up a couple of years ago.
Old Yesterday, 04:18 AM
Administrator
Hello

I have a good friend that her mother has just been moved to Hospice House for her final time. I have seen so many sides of the health care system of late and I do not care for what I have seen.

They were going back and forth trying to force her Mother to be send home and have her be the main care giver with little supports. Then they said no to that and today sent her to hospice house.

Sadly there is a lot of rules around the right to die....it is not clear if you have the full say or not over your final hours.

Its a cruel system this time of death it seems. Last year at this time I felt I was going to face my death. I was laying in a hospital bed not being able to do anything for myself. I fought back but if Iwas just to lay there I would want out.

Lynn
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Yes I agree we die when our time is up, here pension age here is 64 they were talking about putting it up to 70.

Namaste
As Hazard said , can't get pension until 67 in England.
Used to be 60 for women and 65 for men.
I can't get mine for years yet . My last earnings were in 2018 so by time I can get my pension I will have gone 10 years without a single penny piece personal income. Apparently I'm not "poorly" enough.
And it's a really sad fact that people that have worked hard all their life often pass away before they can collect any pension.
Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM
Master
I agree Blue Angel.... it is not right but that 'is the way it is".

There are a lot of inequalities in the World. For example, I know of one person who has received Social Securities for about 48 years whereas one person who worked for me once, applied for Social Security Disability only to collapse on his steering wheel in the Social Security parking lot and died a few days later.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Its a cruel system this time of death it seems. Last year at this time I felt I was going to face my death. I was laying in a hospital bed not being able to do anything for myself.

Life is like a box of chocolate. Never know what you are going to pick.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I didn't realize you almost died. How tragic.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
Master

I think people today have become so dependant on the health care system It used to be a time when people used home health care remedies, like their grandmothers chicken soup, etc.

I grew up in poverty and my mom did not have any health insurance; if the kids had a bad tooth, she would tie a string on that tooth and the other end of the string on a door knob and then slam the door yanking the tooth out of the mouth. My mom would give us Caster Oil and Cod Liver Oil, or other fish oils, which now we know has lots of antioxidants.

We used to gargle with salt in warm water when we had a sore throat, today people run to see a doctor for just about every little thing. I live in a rural area here in the U.S. The nearest hospital is about 30-miles. I have a number of books on home remedies, which I use, and I try to stay away from the “healthcare system.”

Why go into a hospital when your body, your entire being, is telling you it is time to experience human death? Yeah, maybe to get a professional opinion but not to stay, hang out, and let them control your life and death situation. Hey, this is just my opinion.
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Master

well this is all a part of what you get, when you buy into the idea of other people doing things for you. Instead of doing things for yourself.

I see people talking a big game about 'independence' and 'self-sufficiency'. They don't seem to know what those words mean.... could just be me I guess though. Maybe I don't know what those words really mean, maybe they really mean something like getting others to do all the stuff you don't want to do for yourself? And never having to take care of your own life because you have somehow magically made enough money 'independelntly' that you can buy others to do it for you?

That is the way people seem to mean it when they say things at least....
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM
Administrator
Gargling with salt water for sore throats is what I tell my kids to do
Here health care is free, but I can see that changing there are just to many people using it for stupid things
Dentist are rare many have not got one.
I go every six months my kids the same but they are not taking anymore on

Trying to get a hospital appointment to see a consultant takes forever if at all

Namaste