Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Master
2 of Swords

When I was looking at the news this morning, I came across an article regarding Australia not signing a partnership trade deal, stating that some difficult issues were not resolved.

As soon as I saw the photo, it immediately made me think of the 2 of Swords. I think it's very fitting too, as one of the meanings I associate with the 2 of Swords is being unable to move forward or resolve any difficulties.

I had read somewhere specifically that the 2 of Swords can indicate labour disputes, no compromises being made, etc.

What do you think?

I apologise in advance if the photo didn't show up. This is my first attempt at putting photos into a forum!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 913891-0b4a5c94-37fa-11e5-a576-547c2ee4b032.jpg (2.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 02-08-2015, 01:42 AM
Master

Yes, the two of Swords often indicates that a solution cannot be reached and all the facts are probably not on the table. But in t he end a decision needs to be reached before things can move forward.

That's quite the photo!
Old 02-08-2015, 01:50 AM
Master
Yes, I thought so too. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw the photo and read the article. "AUSTRALIA will not sign up to the $200 billion Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal after talks failed to resolve significant industry issues."

I'll certainly remember it whenever I see the 2 of Swords from now on.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Yes, the two of Swords often indicates that a solution cannot be reached and all the facts are probably not on the table. But in t he end a decision needs to be reached before things can move forward.

That's quite the photo!

.....And the fact thats not on the table is probably a painfull one (3 od swords ) thats why we choose not to look at it (2 od swords )
Old 03-08-2015, 03:36 AM
Master
I always see the 2 of Swords as one step away from a truce (4 of Swords) but not quite there yet. There's tension involved. Great photo! I love when you see the cards in every day life
Old 04-08-2015, 06:17 AM
Master

My 2 of Swords vibe is more or less how I feel when someone offers me extra-hot-chilli-something at the dinner table

"NEIN! NO NO NO NO GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME"

I always see it as a bit of a refusal/rejection/withdrawal card - although a potential positive interpretation of it is a state of deep mediation (withdrawal from all sensation).
Old 04-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Master
Hahahaha! That's a classic Tealily!

I just had another thought after looking at that photo. I don't know where everyone else is, but here in Oz we have a TV programme called "Deal or No Deal".

When they don't want to take the deal, they cross their arms in the same fashion as in that photo, except, from memory, I think they clench their fists.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:09 AM
Master

YES! That.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:57 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
When I was looking at the news this morning, I came across an article regarding Australia not signing a partnership trade deal, stating that some difficult issues were not resolved.

As soon as I saw the photo, it immediately made me think of the 2 of Swords. I think it's very fitting too, as one of the meanings I associate with the 2 of Swords is being unable to move forward or resolve any difficulties.

I had read somewhere specifically that the 2 of Swords can indicate labour disputes, no compromises being made, etc.

What do you think?

I apologise in advance if the photo didn't show up. This is my first attempt at putting photos into a forum!

I get this card a lot with someone. I took it to mean not looking at something,as in looking the other way,refusing to acknowledge.

"Change is the only constant."