Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 09-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Aishwarya

Question Breathing Exercise in Meditation

Hi friends,

I have heard that we have to do breathing exercise, before we start meditation. How effective is that? What impact does it make on us? Some say it improves our health, gives us immunity n many such thoughts. I would like to know the actual insight behind this breathing exercise.

Also give me some guidelines on how to do this effectively.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2013, 08:49 PM
WYN123

I don't actually use the breathing exercise to meditate, you can if you want to, I choose not. There are several methods of breathing technique, with different counts. the purpose is to encourage the going into the body, following the breathing around the body with the conscious. One guru, says the following around of the breath against the spine wipes clean sin from dna. believe what you will. An easy breathing exercise is to breath in for four and out for four when you are accustomed lengthen to count of six. the counting after awhile does not matter following the breath into the body with the conscious matters.
Old 13-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Aishwarya

leafyish thanks for ur reply! that was enlightening :)
Old 13-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Angelstar

Breathing exercises are a good way to stimulate the psychic centers in the body,in readyness for meditation.The best way to do breathing exercises is to take a really deep breath pushing out your tummy as you breath in this gets more air into your lungs,hold as long as is comfy then breathout pulling the tummy in as you do this gets rid of the stale air in the bottom of your lungs.you will feel a tingling sensation especially in your finger tips and feel a warmth through your body.You will all so start to feel relaxed.l normally do about 7 breaths like this but its up to you you can do less if you wish,what ever you feel comfy with.