Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 03-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahaja
Who is judging? It's merely a puzzle. Let's see, it's not Nirmanakaya, not physical. Not Dharmakaya because it's definitely within conceptual mind. Must be Sambhogakaya, yep, energy body.

Can't say i'm interested in winding up in any state of bliss. I was never looking to obtain anything, only in seeing and knowing 'what is'.

As for finding out what works for me, we have our ways, our practices. Different schools and traditions have differing views. My Sangha is Vajrayanan, Tibetan, Dzogchen. The supreme primordial Atiyoga. Mahasiddha/Siddha style.

Never said anyone was judging anyone. Didn't mean to say I was if it sounded that way. As I stated i was volunteering my experience. An explanation of what works for me. Constant intoxication is a by product for many from what I have seen. Not everyone perhaps. From what I have heard and experienced it has to do with the kundalini as well.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 03-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Neville

salt and boiling water is a good purifier by all accounts, If you give your "Karma" a few minute's in a pan of salted boiling water , you should have adequately purified it.

Failing that you could adopt a slightly different view.

Quote:
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to affect, but actually, from a non-liniar, non subjective point of view it is more like a big ball of wibbily wobbly timey wimey...stuff

That Tolle fellow suggests that now is all there is, at any given time, it's always now. You cannot atone if you accept that what is done is done, all that remains is to carry and hold true to the the lessons learned from it.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:28 PM
sahaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Never said anyone was judging anyone. I as I stated was volunteering my experience. An explanation of what works for me. Constant intoxication is a by product for many. Not everyone.

Oh i see how it reads now. That is your experience and an answer to the puzzle. I thought you meant i was being judgmental which would be odd because i hadn't even said anything yet. At least not in this thread. And like i said, it's just a puzzle. However, solutions are dependent upon one's ideas and school/tradition views so mine may rile a few.

Might have been the use of the word you and derivative forms of it. We really don't have a word for a generic you. I use 'one' or 'oneself' mixed with you or you and i. I had a writing instructor once that didn't like the impersonal use of the term one but sometimes that's my idea of using it, to depersonalize something. It's rather a difficult thing to get around at times.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:22 PM
sahaja

Clean or pure karma? Then have to define what clean is as opposed to what? Dirty? White as to black, good as to bad? Which is which and when and to who? There are no inherencies.

First one must manage to exclude everything that doesn't fit their individual criteria of what pure white karma is? Then they also must keep it pure? That would be a constant losing battle. Everything that rises falls. Even the gods fall from their realm. That is the endless cycle of birth and death. Karma of any kind would be cyclic.

It's that which supports and maintains karma i'd be worried about. Different schools have different views. We don't transform or change or just exchange one thing for another. We take the support out.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Pamuya

In real life we deal with past things that we have done which we have guilt for, we know we will pay a karmic price for that action. Washing it with soap is funny and all, but the pain of guilt even after decades remain. Certain traditions in Buddhism have different rituals dealing with karma cleansing, whether it cleanses the karma or not these rituals may bring some relief to those whom are suffering. I have found that certain mantras seem to bring me some relief. If your tradition has a method please share it. We have had many good ideas thus far.

Last edited by Pamuya : 05-12-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamuya
In real life we deal with past things that we have done which we have guilt for, we know we will pay a karmic price for that action. Washing it with soap is funny and all, but the pain of guilt even after decades remain. Certain traditions in Buddhism have different rituals dealing with karma cleansing, whether it cleanses the karma or not these rituals may bring some relief to those whom are suffering. I have found that certain mantras seem to bring me some relief. If your tradition has a method please share it. We have had many good ideas thus far.

For me I use philosophy from my guidance. I can't think of anything much I feel guilty about. In my experience for me its up to me. Do I want guilt. Do I not want guilt. I choose to not have guilt. I'm not 100% guilt free 100% of the time. But I have found in my experience I'm the one giving it to myself. The idea of perfection is the real problem IMO. Society and such has programmed us into striving and wanting it. I have learned to love things more as they are. If I screw up. Oh well. If somebody else screws up. Oh well. I honestly wouldnt want to live in a perfect world. Its in all the imperfections that makes the beauty to me. To me I'm not suffering. I'm living. In all emotions lies happiness. Its the idea of it not being so creates the inner conflict making one self miserable in my experience. Beyond and through it all is the bliss. The thing that squashes it all weather you like it or not. Suffering becomes very difficult. In pain is joy and etc. I'm sharing my experience. Not implying how it should or shouldn't be.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 06-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Pamuya

Very nice running....hoping someday to get where you are