Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 30-05-2024, 11:56 AM
Master
I see all gods, not just Hindu ones, as doorways through which we connect to the divine. Like the often used example, God is a diamond with many facets, behind each idol or face we see, the whole of the divine sits, whatever you call that divine, be it Allah, Jehovah, or Paramatman, its all the same thing just wearing different masks.
Old 31-05-2024, 03:29 PM
Master

applicable to all Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I see all gods, not just Hindu ones
Yes very much agree . I am too very much comfortable and appreciative of other non-Hindu deities also when I visit their places of worship.
Old 01-06-2024, 07:29 AM
Master

I like the symbolism involved in the elephant god Ganapati who is seen as the bestower of success and removal of obstacles.

Ganapati is seen having a rat as a vehicle which many find humorous. But I believe it is supposed to sent a message.

Ganapati with his elephant head represents intelligence, while the rat, known for its ability to create burrows almost anywhere , represents diligence and perseverance.

This obviously means that the qualities of intelligence and perseverance can accomplish any goal or remove any obstacle.

The likes of Gandhi, Vivekananda , Cicero, Baltacar Gracian have emphasized these two qualities for attaining success.

It is not by muscle, speed, or physical dexterity that great things are achieved, but by reflection, force of character, and judgment. ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

Wealth does not lie in gold and silver, it lies in intelligence and good work ethics. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM
Master

ganesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
I like the symbolism involved in the elephant god Ganapati who is seen as the bestower of success and removal of obstacles.
i[/i]
I agree with you on all that you said . I have some more perspective also which too can be beneficial to seeker if understood and followed rightly .

Reference to Ganesha comes as discussion between Shiva and Parvati . Parvati asks how a philosopher leader should be in his day to day life . So Shiva describes that such a leader should intelligent , emotional , empathetic , far-sighted and benevolent like Elephant ie his head should be filled with such qualities of elephant ie should be Gajanan ie elephant headed . Ganesh or Ganpati (literally meaning team leader ) should be like elephant headed . So Ganesha is a child probably brain child of Shiva Parvati . So whenever Indians start any new auspicious important work/ project , they first worship Ganesha. It has a symbolic yet very important life message that whenever you embark on any great work/project of any kind , first decide on a leader (having elephant like qualities ) who is very expert on the subject matter and then worship (meaning follow) him without casting doubts . While Indians worship Ganesha unscrupulously for any good work for spiritual reasons , they have lost its symbolic meaning in day to day life (due to varied reasons ) . We in day to day life are working in multiple teams (family , offices , companies , nations , communities , friends etc ) . We play role of leaders or team members . Either way our conduct should match ideals of Ganesha . Leaders should not only be intelligent, efficient and far sighted but also should be emotional , empathetic and team first mind set. As team members , we need to have faith on leaders , believe them and even argue also them in constructive dignified manner. The purana story is for children to understand according to me .

Further mouse as the vehicle of Ganesha has more connotations . Mouse is like Maya (world of form,shapes ,names ) . Maya is beautiful . Ganesha does not succumb to Maya . He rides over Maya and keeps it under control. When mouse cuts us at night,it does it very softly so that we dont know it immediately . We know that only in the morning. The same way Maya too is beautiful and can be very deceptive if one is not alert. When one realizes the deception by Maya , it's too late . Elephant headed Gajanan / Ganesha like leader is very alert in detecting /preventing /eliminating deception by Maya.

Ganesh's small eyes are representative of minute details and far sighted vision which leaders should have. Ganesha's big ears are representative of patient-listening capability leader should possess. His large stomach reflects , how leaders should treat/safeguard the secrets of others which he may come to know by virtue of being leader.

When leaders are like Ganesha and followers worship (follow ) him , situations become better (sukh karta) and pain/agony/suffering (Dukh-harta) is eliminated .

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : Yesterday at 04:07 PM.