Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Master

...was nice to see big Ange on the pundit panel tonight ....
Old Today, 03:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Yep the headlines were scathing about England today.

Do t know why he’s put Trent in midfield when he’s never played in that position for us.

Poor Harry Kane looked like a space cadet and Jude must have been partying too much

Headlines were scathing, but I think there was a lot of overreaction as there always is with the British press. Not to mention all the so-called experts in the comment sections (who are probably just bots anyway, making comments to keep the thread at the top of trends).

As for Trent, I can see why he was played in midfield because GS probably felt that teams in the group stage would defend deeply, and that Trent could open them up with his long-range passing. But this hasn’t worked (yet). Maybe playing two defensive midfielders actually gives the team balance rather than everyone going gung-ho.

That was the benefit of the last Euros. England could stay on the front foot longer because we would win possession back quicker. At the moment, we keep losing it and getting forced back, which is why we have slackened off during games.

Playing two defensive mids may not please fans who want England to be let off the leash, but I would rather win (even if it’s pragmatically). Brazil won the 2002 World Cup this way so it is possible.

Luke Shaw coming back (hopefully for the Slovenia game) will give us balance on the left as well.
Old Today, 07:25 AM
Master

Well said SirN. You’ve made some very good points to consider.

Ide like to see them put Joe Gomez in on the defence. He works hard and never gives up, plus has the experience which the younger ones lack. I think even if you brought him on in the second half you would see the difference. Imo
Old Today, 07:34 AM
Master

Well guys and gals , we might all sink into a decline today . Only two games today and both being played at the same time, 8pm.

But at least they are both being shown on different channels ,so a choice of viewing.

Switzerland v Germany
( Altair v Podshell)

Scotland v Hungary
(SirNeil v JoeMc )

Oh and Poland are the first team to leave the tournament , and guess who's got them ??
Yes, that's right , little old me !!!! ( Typical )..
Old Today, 07:37 AM
Master

Redchic and Sir Neil...
We will have to wait and see , but I've got a feeling England are going to play really really well in the third game.
Hope so anyway.
Old Today, 07:49 AM
Master

Yeah I think they will probably play better in the next game cos Southgate has had a few games to find out what is gonna work and what isn’t and who is gonna be the best player in each position. It takes time to sort that out.

I just hope he doesn’t put poor Trent in the midfield again.
Old Today, 08:02 AM
Master

Time will tell.
My main concern going into this tournament was the hope that they would "gel well"with so many new players in the squad.
I suppose there were bound to be hiccups, teething troubles.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what, if any changes are made to the starting line up and the game goes .
Put it this way, I've still got my flags out !!!
Old Today, 08:44 AM
Master

I can't wait for the next few days of this 3rd round to unfold and we see who's in and who's out.
And more importantly, we see what casualties we have with our own little groups on here LOL.
Old Today, 12:36 PM
Master

Andy Robertson is back for Scotland in next game so that could make a huge improvement for them. He’s like the b……..y road runner on the wing. Omg he’s so fast.

Apparently he was out because he had trouble with one of his teeth and had four stitches. Blimey it must have been a mess to incur four stitches.

I think Germany will get the next win and Im hoping it’s Scotland in the other game but the chances aren’t good.
Old Today, 12:47 PM
Master

Red, it's a MASSIVE ask for Scotland to get through,
but mathematically it can still be done , and who knows !!!!
But this is the beauty of football, we just never know what is going to happen on the pitch .

I know it's already a chant for one of the Scottish teams , but I'd love to hear the Scottish fans at today's game blasting out "500 miles"....