Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-06-2024, 03:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
The thing is...

Even now, while not fully immersed, I can 'see' the fallacy of any and all products of mind and even mind itself, however necessary they are for navigating apparent duality.

The thing is..;)

I am aware of myself in this way. Being this way, you can identify others caught up, which is great, because you stop entanglements fast, which in turn, allows people to notice themselves without my interference.
Old 08-06-2024, 05:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
The word dimension is all about duality. But in reality, dimensions are still infinite. But can an infinite measurement be done?
It depends on how a person views and defines the words dimensions and multi dimensions. When a person views every single dimension of the multi dimension as a whole or as one, then dimension and multi dimension is not a dualistic word. I mean we are discussing a topic on a non-duality section of a forum, so we should be discussing everything in terms of non-duality, not in terms of duality, right? Bringing up duality in a thread that is in a non-duality section of the forum is an oxymoron, even more so, since duality, which includes opposites, are mind created illusions that do not exist. Using something that is a mind created illusion that does not exist, such as duality, to try to point to non-duality is even more idiotic. No wonder why there is so much confusion and misunderstanding!

Words, themselves do not create dualistic thinking and dualistic awareness. How people define, view and understand words and labels is what creates dualistic thinking and dualistic awareness. Dualistic thinking and dualistic awareness creates a person to have dualistic perceptions and experiences. Non duality and duality is a great example of this.

A person whom understands non-duality to be the opposite of duality will have dualistic thinking, dualistic awareness, dualistic perception and dualistic (direct) experiences that reflect this dualistic understanding of non-duality, and there are no spiritual sounding jargon/speak that such a person can use as an excuse.
Old 08-06-2024, 08:35 AM
Knower
The world is a dualistic expression of Non Duality. Any expression requires duality. The truest or highest expression of Non Duality is silence, or a page without words or images.
Old 08-06-2024, 10:54 AM
Knower

Quote:
Am actually curious. What if you would say "novelty" of mind, instead of "falacy" of mind? Would that be true aswell?
The thing is... LOL!

From the absolute (nondual) perspective novelty is a fallacy too. It's a product of the dream.

The dream cannot be said to be unreal because it appears, however it cannot be said to be real because it's destroyed by knowing.

What would it be like to know the unreality of the dream while simultaneously playing a character in the dream? Maybe it's what Jesus was pointing to when he said something to the effect "The Kingdom of Heaven is amongst you"?
Old 08-06-2024, 03:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
I mean, like inviting a non-physical consciousness, to express itself, through a certain artificial device that can allow a consciousness to express itself, freely.
Or would you say that such a thing is impossible?

It actually reminds me of an old game, called ouija board. Where people would invite "the spirit of the dead" to communicate through a certain agreed upon quasi physical system that can function as a bridge between physical and non-physical reality.
Rupert Spira has given an enlightening answer about whether AI can be conscious.

https://youtu.be/7tGGnUHmcls?si=_vxTWz4ZprC_wW2W
Old 08-06-2024, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
The thing is ...
... Kingdom of Heaven is amongst you"?
@post #24

The thing is...

Yeah, that may actually be true. I heard it often said "You are in spirit, dreaming that you are not."
Old 08-06-2024, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
Rupert Spira ...
... Wz4ZprC_wW2W[/url]
@post #25

That's very interesting.
I do agree with that.

I'm pretty sure A.I. is not conscious. But who can explain what consciousness is, right?
I don't know where my consciousness begins and ends. So in that sense it can be an absolute non-dual thing.
Old 08-06-2024, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
It depends on how a ...
... use as an excuse.
@post #22

I'm actually pretty open minded about that. I am even open minded when people literally say "You don't exist."

I think if you're talking to me, everhthing is allowed. lol

I even listen to Jim Newman and Tony Parsons. They are like the Consciousness Obliteration Therapy (COT) of non-dualists... lol

When I listen to those guys, every single idea in my mind shuts down. It's like, the moment I try to think of something to say in response to what they are saying, my mind gives me a system32.error.