Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-04-2022, 03:55 PM
Molearner

The pearl of great price

Any thoughts on this….Matthew 13:45 ?
Old 07-04-2022, 04:19 PM
Yes, place the verse for everyone.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2022, 06:10 PM
Molearner

Matthew 13:45…..”Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value,
he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.”
Old 07-04-2022, 06:39 PM
Ohhh, that verse! I love that verse! Thoughts? Obviously, the Kingdom of Heaven is worth giving up everything!
Jesus was clearly wanting those there to understand this!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-04-2022, 03:29 PM
Molearner

It has been suggested that ‘the pearl of great price’ is ultimate truth. The ‘price’ is the giving up of attachments and concepts and other goals that you have considered important. The ‘pearl’ of wisdom and enlightenment is found in the scripture of ‘I and the Father are one’……if you only read ‘I’ as meaning Jesus you are denying the divine spark that is within yourself. If you realize this truth then you can conclude that if you are ‘the ALL’ there is no need for anything else….you can sell all that you have…..there is no need to save for anything that might come along that is more valuable.

In mystic Christianity this level is known as the unitive state….oneness with God. The Apostle Paul experienced this……saying….”It is no longer I that live but Christ within me”. Also in Philippians 3:7-9 Paul speaks of ‘losing all things and considering them rubbish’ in light of now possessing the ultimate. By the way, knowing this truth philosophically might be interesting but the true realization and achieving it only comes by dedication….a reordering of your priorities.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:40 PM
''you can sell all that you have…..''
(Well, it's all His anyway. Just an aside.)

Old 08-04-2022, 04:02 PM
Molearner

What I have shared brings up a pet peeve of mine. People complain about what churches teach and why parables are used instead of just stating directly what is meant. In nearly every parable Jesus says…”the kingdom is LIKE this…”. That ‘like’ is an invitation for you to think, to unravel the hidden meaning. The value is self realization….an invitation for the purpose of your spiritual growth. We put a much greater value on things that we have worked for and made sacrifices for….not the things that were handed to us on a silver platter. There has been a many of inherited fortunes that have been squandered. Misinterpreted scriptures and errant teachings can be a grace of sorts…..just like pearls of wisdom. Both motivate you to be a seeker of the truth. Whatever truth we have must be the truth that we have labored for….from a sifting of the chaff…….
Old 08-04-2022, 04:05 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
''you can sell all that you have…..''
(Well, it's all His anyway. Just an aside.)

And HE might not see the value in it either……:)😊😊
Old 09-04-2022, 02:48 AM
Master
The pearl of great price could have many meanings?.

The truth is out there...and within. Are we selected as Christians before it all even begins..the pearl of great price, I get it, Consider me in.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:53 AM
Master
What does a pearl represent in the Bible?

Matthew is using a variety of similes for the kingdom of heaven…a pearl is a perfect simile because a fine pearl is a valuable treasure that needs no polishing or cutting by man. It comes to us complete and lustrous created by God through nature, as is the kingdom of heaven, which only God could create and perfect.

The Parable of the Pearl of Great Value

45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

The Parable of the Net

47 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and gathered fish of every kind. 48 When it was full,the men drew it ashore and sat down and sorted the good
into containers but threw away the bad. 49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous 50 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

All the parables lean on the other to give us a fuller picture... the pearl could also be the truth of God's Holy Wisdom. Righteousness vs wickedness.