Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old Today, 05:08 AM
Master
A separate sports section?

Would it be worth while to start a separate sports section? I'm not sure if the admin can alter the forum, but I notice that football is a very popular subject here in the lounge. I don't find sport very spiritual and would prefer it to be contained within it's own area.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old Today, 05:30 AM
Master

Think that is partly what the lounge is about, separate topics. If there were lots of active threads on sport in here then perhaps it would be an idea but only the footy thread is active and the other sports one from time to time.
Old Today, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I don't find sport very spiritual and would prefer it to be contained within it's own area.

I'm sure Spirituality can be found in everything, if you look carefully...

Every training session is like building a fire, they add fuel each time they practise, when the time is right they strike a match.
Old Today, 07:48 AM
Master

The lounge is for "most anything" . Some might argue that "what's for dinner" or "what were the 60's like" as not being very spiritual either , but I believe the point of the lounge is where we can chat about things that are not necessarily religious or spiritual.
Honza... I do of course fully respect your comments .
But if I could just please explain what the football thread means to me and why.

As you probably know I am seriously ill and virtually housebound. My husband works very long 12 hours shifts and then has to do the dog walking and all the shopping . He is my carer as I cannot get to medical appointments myself , but otherwise, I practically live alone.

Football is my passion and I live for moments like the world cup, the euros , other cup tournaments and football in general.
If it wasn't for the thread I would be sat here on my own enjoying the games but with no-one to chat about it with .

The football thread has brought so much joy into my daily world and I have never told them , but the group of forum members that contribute to it on a regular basis will probably never understand how much that means to me.
Sometimes I'm sure they are just humouring me LOL... And I know often they think I'm "wrong" haha, but mainly , and this is what is important, they are "supporting" me SO very much in my otherwise miserable existence.

So while it may not be classed as "spiritual" , it is certainly a group of people helping me in so many ways that it's got to count for something other than football .

We have even got Sky on board now and she doesn't even like football !! But she knows how much it means to me , and that is a very charitable act of kindness.

I'm sorry Honza if it offends you in any way. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I hope you can overlook the fact that it's just one thread amongst many now that I've explained from my perspective.
Old Today, 07:51 AM
Master
I don't watch sport, talk about it or follow any news. I just like how you have to train to get really good, and then match a player against others so we can find the very best, while at the same time, each player can discover their own genetic potential. On the other hand it can be a fun social activity that's wholesome and healthy. It used to also be a good way to be a 'good sport' - play fairly, compete honourably, win humbly and lose gracefully - but these days it's going South because a moral standard of 'inclusivity' is not fair, so there is no longer a sound moral premise, but I think over time we will make sports exclusive again, because contrary to today's bizarre beliefs, fairness in sport and good sportsmanship depends on exclusivity.
Old Today, 07:59 AM
Master

Oops , Honza, now look what you've done .
You have created what looks like is going to be a very popular thread about football/sport !
Old Today, 08:45 AM
Master
I don't mind the premise of a thread about football. But since it is so popular I thought it might be best in it's own section. The Lounge area is now dominated by the football thread. Whereas if there was a separate sports section it would be in the right place.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old Today, 09:01 AM
Master

I understand what you are saying Honza, I really do.
I don't think it would be credible to open a separate forum just for one thread.

I'm not sure that my thread is dominating the lounge , because it really IS just one thread.
And I don't think I can be held responsible if some of the other threads are not being followed as closely , and especially when a big world football tournament is currently being played.
It stands to reason that there may be a little more added interest.

I say all this with all due respect to you.
I am not trying to cause any argument with you.You are a valuable long term forum member , and I am only replying to your comments.
Old Today, 09:22 AM
Hi, Would you like a separate place for sports or how about hair styling or car repair?
Starting a thread in the Lounge is just fine.
Not interested? Scroll past the topic.

Bring it up in a PM with the Admin, tho, speaking of appropriate places for things. Thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : Today at 09:24 AM. Reason: Closed until Admin Review
Old Today, 10:14 AM
Administrator
I agree with this being closed sports are not everyone's favourite thing especially mine I hate sport and football is the worst of the lot bunch of over grown school boys kicking a ball no skill in that

Namaste