Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-06-2024, 02:01 PM
Master
Importance of healthy ego for women

Oftentimes you see spiritual people state that we have to lose our ego but it isn't quite that black and white.

First there is the lower ego, with all the stuff we have to overcome by learning and growing. These are the qualities that don't serve us, although they still have a function as they point out where we have our areas that require personal growth & development & healing.

Then there is the higher ego. Nothing much wrong with that. For one thing, you need that to know where you end and the other begins.

But I want to focus on this section which comes from Pamela Kribbe who often channels Maria Magdalene.
It is SO important that I wish to share it here.

You first need to know that the collective wound of women is the lower belly, which is the area of feminine energy, but in general also the centre where you have a strong sense of self, authenticity, expressing yourself in the world and so on.

Because of our history, what happened to women in general, we withdrew from that area, so in essence woman's belly's are 'void' of our presence and energy.
As we didn't have a say in anything, couldn't be ourselves, had to adept, dim our lights, didn't get respected, acknowledged and so on, we pulled our 'presence' and energy from that area and are mostly in our hearts.

In all this lies the danger when a woman loses her ego.
I'll try to translate the section as best I can:

Spiritual development is broadly regarded as the opening of your heart, connecting yourself in love with the other and letting go of your ego.
However, especially for women that have to deal with the absence of abdominal strength/power, there are a number of pitfalls here.
Because when you connect with others without being able to be present in your belly, your centre, staying in touch (sensing) with your own needs and your truth, then connecting with others can easily lead to loss of self and even exhaustion/burn-out.

Especially when you're highly sensitive with an open Heart chakra, easily sensing other people's moods and emotions, you'll benefit greatly from a firm awareness of your boundaries.
Meaning you most certainly need a strong ego!

With a strong ego I mean a clear knowing of where you end and the other begins.

I also mean with that that you are aware when you give too much, possibly because you want to be liked or daren't say "no".
A healthy ego makes it possible to clearly feel & sense what happens with you when interacting with others.

The word ego has gotten charged, tainted, and has come to mean everything that is lower and needs to be let go of.
But especially for women, this form of self-awareness and the use of boundaries is extremely important.

Mary Magdalena
Old 06-06-2024, 07:57 AM
Master
I don't mean to butt in as a bloke, but it's a very interesting post.
I only have a simple idea. I imagine the boundaries - similar to where I end and another begins. It's simple consent, yes or no, that creates boundaries that define how you relate to everyone else, and I think women find it harder to 'draw the line' than men do because a man can stand ground, aggressively if necessary, whereas women have to be negotiable, as violence isn't really an option... but clear boundaries are important coz that's the outcome of consent.
Old 06-06-2024, 01:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't mean to butt in as a bloke, .

You just did haha

I think the problem with some spiritual ‘talk’ is that we can lose sight of what is, get caught up in too much jargon, which creates an overlay over important things. Whether it’s boundaries or respect or self worth or self care.

All these things are important and each one deserves our attention for our own well-being. The collective wounds affect the whole body and I think it’s important to be more attentive to the whole body, to really notice reactions and wounds.
Old 06-06-2024, 02:05 PM
Master

as a wannabe female my current take is: it isn't so much a matter of trying to go 'back' where I belong, it is more a matter of not continuing to try to go places I don't...
Old 07-06-2024, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
You just did haha
Just had a bit of man-splainin' to do.
Old 07-06-2024, 10:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
as a wannabe female my current take is: it isn't so much a matter of trying to go 'back' where I belong, it is more a matter of not continuing to try to go places I don't...

Why a wannabe?
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

From JustBe " think the problem with some spiritual ‘talk’ is that we can lose sight of what is, get caught up in too much jargon, which creates an overlay over important things. Whether it’s boundaries or respect or self worth or self care."

Not a truer word spoken.
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM
Administrator
I Would have to agree with that

Namaste