Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 27-06-2024, 03:19 AM
Guide

Smile Back into Running

Just over eight months ago, my Border Collie/best friend, died. I've posted about him in other areas of the forum. Anyways, before he died, we were running 5km everyday. After he died, I stopped running.

I've since moved to a new location that is more hilly. I've been hiking and just trying to get my lungs up to speed. Yesterday during my hike, I decided it was time to run and I did 2km with no trouble. Today after work I did the same hike and did another 2 km but with an extra minute of running. It feels great!

I'll keep at it and get back to the 5 km runs. I just feel very happy to have finally moved past the emotional block that had stopped my running.
Old 27-06-2024, 08:29 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Clio_86, I’m so sorry to hear about your dog’s passing. I know you’ll miss him dearly.
However, it’s wonderful that you’ve returned to running—it can be a great way to cope with grief and find solace.
I also enjoy running especially now that the days are longer and I can go very early in the morning when the air is crisp and it’s less activity around. Are you preparing for a 5k marathon run or longer? :-)
Old 29-06-2024, 01:40 AM
Guide

Hi, no I just want to run 5 km for my own health and wellness. I was a competitive cross-country and track athlete when young, but now I just want to run for personal enjoyment and health benefits.