Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-10-2023, 10:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Red face Advice on overcoming fear of death?

I was wondering how did you overcome your fear of death or what makes you not afraid of it?
Old 16-10-2023, 01:41 PM
Well, when you've listened to or read 100 NDEs...that certainly helps!!

(Near death exps)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-10-2023, 03:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, when you've listened to or read 100 NDEs...that certainly helps!!

(Near death exps)

Yes, NDEs have always been very soothing for me when it comes to the afterlife. It's the way there that I'm struggling with..the discomfort of dying...failing to be able to catch my breath..

Death just creeps me out and I'm trying to conquer the fear of the process.
Old 16-10-2023, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthewindblows
Oh, I get it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-10-2023, 07:44 PM
Administrator
I Am a medium I am also a counselor and have always worked with people in a caring capacity,
I don't know how many times I have been told by people they are scared to die
There is nothing to be afraid off.
as Miss Hepburn has said reading about NDE will help you

Death is a part of Life you cant have one without the other.
we all come from spirit and we all go back to spirit
Try meditating it will help you.

Namaste
Old 16-10-2023, 08:09 PM
Newbie ;)

I am in agreement with meditating. Over the past year, I have formulated a couple different meditation exercises that focus on death / connection / unity.

Yes, reading about NDEs absolutely helps. At the end of 2012 I flat lined due to a seizure and returned on my own. When I came to, the doctors were preparing the paddles.

One of my Professors is really involved in death studies and thanatology. She helped to create a documentary about it, called "Death Makes Life Possible".

Some websites have it available for free. I know it is also available on Amazon. During my course on Death and the Afterlife, we had free access.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I Am a medium I am also a counselor and have always worked with people in a caring capacity,
I don't know how many times I have been told by people they are scared to die
There is nothing to be afraid off.
as Miss Hepburn has said reading about NDE will help you.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 17-10-2023 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 19-10-2023, 07:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthewindblows
Yes, NDEs have always been very soothing for me when it comes to the afterlife. It's the way there that I'm struggling with..the discomfort of dying...failing to be able to catch my breath..

I can fully relate to your worries.
I do NOT fear death itself and I welcome the next phase of my afterlife .
But I know I am going to suffer many months of not being able to breathe prior to my death.
Even now I cannot walk up the stairs without taking time to recover my heart rate/ lungs and calm my breathing .
For me , the last month's will be like drowning without water .
Old 19-10-2023, 02:00 PM
Administrator
one of the friends I knew passed this year with your condition and she used to say the same thing.
she went into hospital because she had an Infection was on oxygen but she passed peacefully.

Namaste
Old 19-10-2023, 09:56 PM
Master

The suffering may be right before death but death itself, in my opinion, is a very light, easy, and breezy transition. Fear only makes it worst. I have seen lots of people die, as a combat medic during the Vietnam War, later an ambulance paramedic, and also while working in hospitals.

Some people die with a smile on their face and light surrounding them while others die in great pain and suffering. Some fight to keep their human body and others readily surrender to the transition. Everybody dies its’ just a matter of when and how. I have met people who wanted to die young or in middle age to avoid experiencing the deterioration of the human body.

There are people who have a secret death wish who will do high risk things to welcome death even though they may say they enjoy human life. There are people who take their own life because they feel death is better than human life. The human journey, how we entered it, how we exit it, and what we experience in-between is unique to our own individual journey.

The way you die is unique to you, everybody dies but not the same way, yet death does the same thing to all of us. In my opinion the relationship which we have established with ourselves while we are alive here on Earth determines the quality of our transition at the time of death.

I live in the U.S. State of New Mexico, we have a “Right To Die” law which says a person can terminate their life, under certain circumstances, with the help of a physician or other health professional. People who are severely debilitated or terminally ill have used this law to exit this world and relieve their physical suffering. This law does not apply to people who are only emotionally distraught with life and they have no physical impediments.
Old 19-10-2023, 11:02 PM
Administrator
I think the right to die law is a good thing.

There are times when life seems to painful for someone and they should have that right.

Here people have to fly out to Switzerland to go to a dignitas clinic

Namaste