Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 05-01-2024, 07:21 PM
Seeker

Favorite Comics

Just curious what everyone's favorite comic books are.
Old 11-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic is my favorite comic book. Which one is your favorite?
Old 17-01-2024, 11:11 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeena.M
Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic is my favorite comic book. Which one is your favorite?

Right now I'd say I still enjoy most of the Hellboy books even though the original story and mythology has run its course and certainly anything by the team of Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips.

There was a book called Lazarus but the end of the series has been put on hold by its creators. Hoping they come back to complete it.
Old 12-01-2024, 09:50 AM
Master

Well because I'm "old" and we never had much choice I've got to say the 'beano' or 'dandy'....
( Not that I have them now but got dozens of the annuals collected over the years)... My eldest son on the other hand is such a comic geek and loves all the superhero comics .
He keeps them all in pristine condition and even wears white cotton gloves to read them LOL...
Old 17-01-2024, 11:18 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Well because I'm "old" and we never had much choice I've got to say the 'beano' or 'dandy'....
( Not that I have them now but got dozens of the annuals collected over the years)... My eldest son on the other hand is such a comic geek and loves all the superhero comics .
He keeps them all in pristine condition and even wears white cotton gloves to read them LOL...

I had never heard of Beano and Dandy but it seems like most of you have. Living in the states I had never heard of them so I looked them up. At the very least I recognized Bananaman. There was a tv station that used to bring UK shows over and show them here. They also showed Danger Mouse and a sci-fi show called the Tomorrow People.

I used to love all the superhero books and still buy the collections of the older material. Some of the new stuff from Marvel & DC just bewilders me these days.
Old 12-01-2024, 12:14 PM
Master

Hey AB do you remember comics…..The Bunty out on Monday and The Judy out on a Wednesday. I loved them. My brothers would get the Beano and The Dandy as well. Remember Dennis the Menace and his dog Knacher lol

Hey those comics your son has, in pristine condition will be worth a fortune now!
Old 12-01-2024, 12:21 PM
Master

Haha Red, oh I loved the Beano's and Dandy's.
We used to go to the church jumble sales and if we were lucky we could run to the book stall and get a great big bundle of them for a few pence.
Me and my brother were in seventh heaven.
I remember those too , the Judy and Bunty but the girls one I remember most is 'Jackie'....
Haha, yes, Jonathan has literally hundreds of collectables all stored in special boxes.
Old 12-01-2024, 03:18 PM
Master

Recall this being a good one

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...active&ssui=on
Old 12-01-2024, 03:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Haha, so retro...
I love retro ...
Old 12-01-2024, 03:43 PM
Master