Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-04-2024, 05:45 AM
Master
No self/consciousness?

What is ment by it? No self, no consciousness.

Does it imply an inability to measure or define self/consciousness/other?

Or do they mean by it that there literally is no self and no awareness and no experience?

Cause I always think, if I am not aware, then how come I am experiencing stuff?

I can agree linguistically, that I dont exist, because my consciousness is not physical or measurable, but beyond linguistics, when asked how they respond to a question if they are not even aware of the question. Then they say "This is nothing appearantly happening. Nothing speaking. Nothing appearing as a response."

And again, I agree, it can be nothing in the sense that it cannot be defined. But isn't there any awareness of all these undefinable things? And even if no one and nothing exists. I still experience the appearance of all these undefinable and thus nothingness'.

And then they say, "you cant proof that you exist, not even to yourself."
But do I need to proof my awareness, if I am experiencing it myself?

I dont have a set unchanging identity, but I do have an ever evolving identity that is totally free.

I don't know how to interpret what people mean by "No self, no consciousness."
What is actually ment by it?

I mean, if asked further, they say "This has absolutely no meaning or purpose of any kind. Nothing has meaning or purpose or value."

And whenever something of seeming value is pointed out, they say that that is just an appearance. And I agree... We can believe whatever we want and it will be true. And they are free to choose for themselves what they want to believe or not. But even if they are literally aware of nothing. And they literally dont exist.

Are they then saying that I am the only one who exists? Cause religion does say that consciousness is singular. Or do they mean that even I don't exist.

Then again, who is experiencing this. Am I the only exception to non existence?

I just dont get it. It sounds more like a statement of absolute freedom and independence. Because that is how they emotionally communicate when referring to the absolute. They are expressing the absolute unlimitted joy and freedom of consciousness. And then they say there is no consciousness..

And I think, yeah consciousness is just a word. So you can say that. But what they mean sounds very different from what they are saying. And then to confuse things further, they say that there is no meaning. And I just take that to mean "you are free to create your own meaning." Cause otherwise they woulden't grin with absolute excitement when making that statement.

What do you think?