Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-02-2024, 04:35 PM
Master

I was thinking the other day about an idea of one ruling God and to a human being, who is a social animal that is happiest among others people, it sounds really lonely. Like before creation, who did God hang out with or talk to? What did God do? But then most God concepts are pretty simplistic. We tend to imagine God as a human. A man with a beard and so on. God could be a "collective" of conscious entities. Like humans can become really close to each other, like soul mates or life long best friends. God could be something like "best friends" but much more connected and harmonious in ways we cannot fathom or understand.

Then in Christianity is the trinity. In Trinitarian doctrine, God exists as three persons but is one being.
Old 29-02-2024, 04:47 PM
Molearner

…….re post #88…..this leads to a Scripture that is very misappropriated….Psalm 82:6-7…..”I said, “You are ‘gods’; you are all sons of the Most High. But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler.”……..the ones that are being addressed is not us as we mistakenly think but it is the original gods that witnessed the creation of men. These gods are referred to in Psalm 82:1….”God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the ‘gods’….”

Notice the ‘every other ruler’…….as part of the great assembly…..as being sons of God…..they had an active part in sharing authority, formulating rules and being in counsel with God……but the ones that abused this authority(as explained in the totality of Psalm 82) lost their positions in the great assembly….their divinity….and were sentenced to ‘die like mere men’.

It is crazy to me to hear people believing that they are gods because of this verse when, in fact, they were never part of the great assembly at creation……
Old 29-02-2024, 05:06 PM
Molearner

Luke 12:48……”From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.”

The fallen ones from the great assembly experienced the consequences of not honoring this grace…..
Old 29-02-2024, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
It is interesting to carefully read the creation story. Genesis 1:26…..”Let ‘us’ make man in ‘our’ image, in ‘our’ likeness….” This clearly indicates multiple gods. Next verse….#27…..”So God created man”. Logic would have us believe that should have read…’they’ created man. This points to this: there were multiple divine beings but only one had the power of creation.

Did not Jesus say he was a God/god?

Is Jesus considered the first born of creation and that all things came about thru him?

In Hebrew, in both verses cited, is not the transliterated word Elohim used at least 3 times?

Is man created in the image of 'Elohim'?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-02-2024, 05:20 PM
Molearner

[quote=Maisy]I was thinking the other day about an idea of one ruling God and to a human being, who is a social animal that is happiest among others people, it sounds really lonely. Like before creation, who did God hang out with or talk to? .[quote]Maisy,

As you might guess ‘the great assembly’ is my answer. It was by the choice of God that He could not be lonely on the divine level just as He wishes to have relationship with those of us on earth. It is completely in character with God when we accept the definition that God is love. Love does not exist unless there is one that loves and one that is loved. It is inconceivable that God could ever be or has ever been lonely…….
Old 29-02-2024, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
…….re post #88…..this leads to a Scripture that is very misappropriated….Psalm 82:6-7…..”I said, “You are ‘gods’; you are all sons of the Most High.

If you look at verse 1 of that Psalm, it reads: "God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the “gods”. Take note: the first word and last word in that verse is transliterated as 'Elohim'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-02-2024, 05:29 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Is Jesus considered the first born of creation and that all things came about thru him?
BigJohn,

Technically, no. The Church believes ‘begotten, not created’……
Old 29-02-2024, 06:07 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you look at verse 1 of that Psalm, it reads: "God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the “gods”. Take note: the first word and last word in that verse is transliterated as 'Elohim'.

BigJohn,

What I take note of is your post #65………saying there is no capitalization of elohim yet you use it here. Modern translations remove this confusion by the use of using capitalization…..not capitalizing the plural meaning of that word….but capitalizing the singular meaning of the word which means the creator God. Modern translations eliminate this problem by using ‘God’ and ‘gods’…..incidentally God is one of the elohim but none of the other elohim are Elohim…..the confusion is that elohim can be both singular and plural……
Old 29-02-2024, 06:47 PM
Master
Quote:
BigJohn,

Technically, no. The Church believes ‘begotten, not created’……
To me, 'begotten' means first born. Colossians 1:15 says "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."

I would say creation is part of being 'created'.

Old 29-02-2024, 06:50 PM
Master
Quote:
What I take note of is your post #65………saying there is no capitalization of elohim yet you use it here.
In Hebrew there is no capitalization. When I use Elohim, I believe I always use Elohim. I can't recollect using elohim.