Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 23-10-2023, 05:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You can find old matches of that Barca team on YouTube. I also liked Barca when they became more direct under Luis Enrique, with their South American ''MSN'' attack.

Yes indeed a pretty lethal combination, must take a look at some of the clips of MSN.

__________________________________________________ ______

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 23-10-2023, 05:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I loved watching LFC batter Barcelona at Anfield 4 nil 2020. Lol

You should check that one out Joe. Brilliant!

Ah Yes, I remember watching that match, was a great night for Liverpool,
I think it brought back alot of memories for people of the European Cup nights.

__________________________________________________ ____

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 23-10-2023, 06:41 AM
Master

Just a thought from Altair saying he finds English football too physical.
One could argue all football can be too physical / violent / aggressive .
Below are listed the Top 10 most aggressive/ violent games in world cup history .......

1)...Italy / Chili 1962
2)Spain / Holland 2010
3)England / Argentina 1966
4)Italy / Argentina 1982
5) West Germany / Holland 1990
6) Portugal / Holland 2006
7)Scotland / Uruguay 1986
8)Portugal / Brazil 1966
9)Cameroon / Argentina 1990
10) England / Colombia 2018..

( please note I refer to Netherlands as "Holland " because that is always how they were referred to in international tournaments)
Plus, I was there watching the games before many of the forum members were even born , or at least they were too young young to remember and a lot of the games WERE dirty.
And I mean from probably all of the European nations and also Argentina . The things that players got away with in those days was beyond belief .
I know some footy fans don't agree with these video checks as it spoils the game, but I'm all in favour if it stops dirty play.
Old 23-10-2023, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Just a thought from Altair saying he finds English football too physical.
One could argue all football can be too physical / violent / aggressive .
Below are listed the Top 10 most aggressive/ violent games in world cup history .......

Yes, but I'm talking about the leagues. The Premier League is known to be very physical. There's also a different attitude than on the continent, and even more different from Southern Europe. In England it's okay to body check, doesn't matter if you're 90 kilos and your opponent is 60 kilos, whereas if a player shares an opinion on Twitter it will lead to a fine.
Old 23-10-2023, 07:33 AM
Master

I just don't get it. I would have thought football was basically the same , with the same rules over much of the world ?
The sports that I CANNOT bear to watch simply because they Are too physical for me is rugby and American football.
Old 23-10-2023, 07:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
whereas if a player shares an opinion on Twitter it will lead to a fine.

This I believe is also the consequence of English being the world language. In other countries they also follow, thanks to internationalization of media, typical British attitudes of ''fair play'', ''micro aggressions'' and what not. It takes a non-Brit or maybe a non-Anglo (UK, US, Aus) to notice it.

How many games so far in my country have been cancelled because this or that ''offensive'' chant or because a single plastic bottle is thrown? People watch too much Premier League and they read too much international English media. This is soft colonization. They cancel matches here because of plastic thrown on the pitch........
Old 23-10-2023, 08:48 AM
Master

Al, it's such a massive sport and generates so much media attention and revenue .
They've got to get it right .
Was watching some footage in tribute to Bobby Moore back in the day when pitches were more like mud baths and not a white line in sight !!!!
Not as money back then spent on football, and no match was ever cancelled due to bad weather, they carried on regardless , and the players were blathered from top to toe in mud to the point you didn't actually know who was who !!! You could only hazard a guess depending on which goal the ball went in...
The crowd were all there with their "rattles" ( which eventually got banned) ..Oh but that was "Proper football" LOL..
Those were the days....
Old 23-10-2023, 09:28 AM
Master
I've experienced bad things in stadiums, changes can be good, but right now the reaction is overblown because they've cancelled matches because of one plastic bottle thrown on the pitch. That's tens of thousands of people having to leave the stadium and the match having to be rescheduled just because one person throws, out of all things, plastic on the pitch. The football association here treats a plastic bottle as if it's a hand grenade..

Commentators screaming like it's the end of the world, a plastic bottle!!

Next up all the journalists asking players about politics, society, etc. and correcting them if they don't show the correct opinions and answers. It all feels very artificial to me... and reminds me of the English players bending their knees every match and the FA routinely fining players because of Twitter posts. Very artificial, all very 'knightly' rubbish on display..
Old 23-10-2023, 10:19 AM
Master

....therefore my husband should have been hung , drawn and quartered for throwing his pork pie at Sam Allerdyce hitting him in the back of the neck !
( that was years ago at a Bradford match ).

I noticed England appear to be the only ones that go down on the knee now in international tournaments.

It does seem a bit extreme for a stadium to be cleared because a plastic bottle was thrown .
Old 23-10-2023, 12:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
....therefore my husband should have been hung , drawn and quartered for throwing his pork pie at Sam Allerdyce hitting him in the back of the neck !
( that was years ago at a Bradford match ).

Probably rebounded and knocked someone out in the crowd such is the power of that man's neck !!!
I'd say Sam Allardyce ain't too bad though Big Sambo !! lol