Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 23-10-2023, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
It does seem a bit extreme for a stadium to be cleared because a plastic bottle was thrown .

I can't think of a more extreme response, and yet it has happened. Multiple times already. And there's people supporting this. Tens of thousands of people ought to be punished because one person throws a plastic bottle on the pitch!!

This is all social media outrage... people start talking about it and the football association hasn't a clue, goes along in the frenzy and this is their response. I can't think of a more irrational response.

But illustrative of the current era. Last week I even noticed a colleague having sympathies for Islamic terrorists killing Swedish fans in Brussels, cuz ''Swedes burned Korans'' therefore murder is okay I suppose...

There's people that just can't think straight any more.
Old 24-10-2023, 05:28 AM
Master

Altair, I once had a work colleague that adopted similar approaches to people that carried out atrocities. She soon changed her tune when I told her exactly what I thought of her .
I was disgusted beyond disgust and couldn't hold my feelings in.
We know that there are so many terrible things going on in the world, which is why, in my opinion we NEED things like big sporting events , world events that bring people together together and hopefully bring some joy into our lives with a positive and happy occasion , otherwise we all sink into such depressions with everything that is going on.
This is why , in particular, I love the World Cup and the Euros .
Even viewing from home I get so caught up in the atmosphere that I feel I'm actually part of the crowd.
( what happened in Brussels was terrible)

As for the emptying of a stadium because someone threw a plastic bottle is really extreme.
And you would think , wouldn't you, that the powers that be would encourage full stadiums rather than empty them after Covid when no games were played and even then when they started again it was behind closed doors with no fans .
That was awful.
Just not the same without the fans.

( Sorry , I know I'm waffling and probably not making much sense , I'm really tired ).
Old 24-10-2023, 08:21 AM
Master

Come On Ye Spurs !!!

__________________________________________________ ______

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 24-10-2023, 09:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Come On Ye Spurs !!!

__________________________________________________ ______
Yeahhhh.....Brilliant !!
Old 24-10-2023, 12:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Yeahhhh.....Brilliant !!

Good times at the Lane !!! I'd love to see them winning something !
Early days though but great start with Big Ange, hard to believe Mourinho and
Conte have been and gone !

One game that could be very interesting is Villa vs Arsenal this season, Emery is doing a great job at the moment but everybody reckons he was short changed
by Arsenal as a manager, so we will see if there is any nice karma
in store, "Good Ebening."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 24-10-2023, 04:05 PM
Master

I also think that Emery is doing a brilliant job with Villa but I doubt they will beat Arsenal. I hope I’m wrong then we can move past them on the League!

Yep I’m lovin what our Aussie bloke is doing with Tottenham. So proud of him. But it’s early days so we wait and see if it continues.

Part of me wants him to do well cause he’s a fellow countryman but the other part of me wants him not to do too good cos we need to get into the top four LOL

We are playing Toulouse tomorrow (in Europa League) Have no idea what they are all about. Does anybody here no anything?
Old 24-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
We are playing Toulouse tomorrow (in Europa League) Have no idea what they are all about. Does anybody here no anything?

No. What I do know from summaries of French games is that the atmosphere is always fantastic. PSV will have to play RC Lens tonight, and maybe I'll watch that (if I can manage to resist playing Hogwarts Legacy LOL...)
Old 24-10-2023, 07:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I also think that Emery is doing a brilliant job with Villa but I doubt they will beat Arsenal. I hope I’m wrong then we can move past them on the League!

Villa are on 19 points atm Arsenal on 21, Arsenal should be on about 17 atm as
they have really rode their luck tbh. Villa would probably beat Arsenal if they played now but the game is in December.
Villa have had 11 straight wins at home. Arsenal are not good at the moment and have big expectations of achieving something
from the run they went on last season. Liverpool look like they are firing again, they look really good at times but not there yet.

__________________________________________________ ____

Old 25-10-2023, 06:14 AM
Master

Joe. Yep LFC don’t look like we are quite there yet cos we have good players out with injuries. Andy Robertson is particularly missed on the left wing and whilst Tsimikis is standing in and doing a good job, he’s not as good or consistent.
Old 25-10-2023, 06:31 AM
Master

I absolutely LOVE this thread. It gives me such a warm glow !
Thank you all that participate ( you are all much better pundits than me LOL )....