Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 27-10-2011, 08:36 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1being
just curious, and of course - no need to reveal yourself if you'd prefer not to ... but how large had you grown, that you needed to be reduced in size?

I don't understand your question? If you mean body size, I dropped a ton of weight because I stopped eating. I had no appetite.

Quote:
your experience of psychiatrick industry (in the various branches you indicated) is much different than plenty of other people. the fact that your experience is "good" and / or productive doesn't invalidate the bad experience of others. there is a rather *large* movement to change that entire system, and there are many reasons for that.

I know my experience was different. But just because others (even if many others) had a bad experience, doesn't mean you condemn psychiatry as a whole. I am neither saying it is good, or evil. Balance. And yes, it does need to be changed (and as I said, it *is* changing) -- just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Old 27-10-2011, 08:47 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
if you look again, you'll see that i compared bi-polar to Higher Self, questioning Higher Self as an aspect of bi-polar.

when Higher Self "communicates" ... well, what does that interaction between self / Higher Self look like?

At that time I had no concept of Higher Self, as I was not into any sort of New Age or spiritualism to speak of, so I really have to stretch and think about your question.

I can say the following:

1) I thought angels were all around me. I guess you could correlate this to "guides" except they were real people, in every day life. Often giving me assistance when most needed. I would say not guides but ... lightworkers. Yes, that would be a more apt description.

2) God would talk to me all the time. I explored this with my shrink. He'd ask questions like what does God's voice sound like. Eventually I made the connection that God sounded just like me. So it was me-- I was God. "Delusions of grandeur" -- key manic criteria. But, also, as I'd point out to the shrink, a key belief of many world religions.

I suppose you could extrapolate and say that God within that was talking to me was my higher self.

3) More importantly, was the moment I realized that the constant, non-stop chatter in my head -- all these self-conversations I was having (going round and round in circles) -- was me, but NOT me. It was what we call the "mind." That was my huge epiphany. Way bigger revelation than anything about a higher self. It's when I became aware of the mind, and that the mind and "me" are two different things. And then I became absolutely fascinated, watching this mind at work, as "observer."

This epiphany moment happened when I was in the depth of the depressive phase of bipolar. My mind was telling me to kill myself, that I did not deserve to live, that everyone would be better off if I off'd myself, etc... and then another voice (my own) piped up and said, "But survival is the body's most basic human instinct... " and that's when it all hit me... that I am not my mind...

It wasn't too long after that I went completely, utterly manic for the first time and started having the God-within talking to me. Probably not a coincidence.
Old 27-10-2011, 09:14 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
I don't understand your question? If you mean body size, I dropped a ton of weight because I stopped eating. I had no appetite.

I know my experience was different. But just because others (even if many others) had a bad experience, doesn't mean you condemn psychiatry as a whole. I am neither saying it is good, or evil. Balance. And yes, it does need to be changed (and as I said, it *is* changing) -- just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

seeing a "shrink" is to be "shrunk" or reduced in size / cut down to size. but you already know that, though.

yes, i personally DO condemn psychiatrick industry, as i have known it. they're *still* performing electric shock on people and drugging them when that isn't necessary (which is saying only a part of it, of course). they're a system of lies, abuse and neglect, in my eyes.
Old 27-10-2011, 09:16 PM
1being

Quote:
At that time I had no concept of Higher Self, as I was not into any sort of New Age or spiritualism to speak of, so I really have to stretch and think about your question.

I can say the following:

1) I thought angels were all around me. I guess you could correlate this to "guides" except they were real people, in every day life. Often giving me assistance when most needed. I would say not guides but ... lightworkers. Yes, that would be a more apt description.

2) God would talk to me all the time. I explored this with my shrink. He'd ask questions like what does God's voice sound like. Eventually I made the connection that God sounded just like me. So it was me-- I was God. "Delusions of grandeur" -- key manic criteria. But, also, as I'd point out to the shrink, a key belief of many world religions.

I suppose you could extrapolate and say that God within that was talking to me was my higher self.

3) More importantly, was the moment I realized that the constant, non-stop chatter in my head -- all these self-conversations I was having (going round and round in circles) -- was me, but NOT me. It was what we call the "mind." That was my huge epiphany. Way bigger revelation than anything about a higher self. It's when I became aware of the mind, and that the mind and "me" are two different things. And then I became absolutely fascinated, watching this mind at work, as "observer."

This epiphany moment happened when I was in the depth of the depressive phase of bipolar. My mind was telling me to kill myself, that I did not deserve to live, that everyone would be better off if I off'd myself, etc... and then another voice (my own) piped up and said, "But survival is the body's most basic human instinct... " and that's when it all hit me... that I am not my mind...

It wasn't too long after that I went completely, utterly manic for the first time and started having the God-within talking to me. Probably not a coincidence.

i had a "psychiatrick" person also tell me that i was "grand". i thought that was rather nice.

I AM GRAND. so why put a negative spin on it?

sounds to me like whatever you were going through was partly environmental and partly personal. you began interacting with your mind and your mind was interacting with you.

if you were experiencing stress, you might've been connected to those low vibrational energies (a depressing life tends to do that). when we're dragged down or beaten down real low, the internal world tends to reflect that (for example, the knife is a universal image in the mind). when you're down, you're down. when you're up - you're up.
Old 27-10-2011, 09:32 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
seeing a "shrink" is to be "shrunk" or reduced in size / cut down to size. but you already know that, though.

Oh! D'oh. Funny! Yeah, i would normally use "pdoc" but I don't see that term used here in this forum so I didn't.

Quote:
yes, i personally DO condemn psychiatrick industry, as i have known it. they're *still* performing electric shock on people and drugging them when that isn't necessary (which is saying only a part of it, of course). they're a system of lies, abuse and neglect, in my eyes.

Actually I believe I've read somewhere that electric shock is not that bad of a treatment under certain circumstances (extreme depression). And I don't see why one would take issue with that, while believing that, for example, a pulse from the center of the universe is going to help us all evolve and ascend.

There's a lot coming out that suggests that many antidepressants are placebos, and you know what? So what. Maybe they are. But, so can a lot of alternative therapies also be placebos.

The mind's beliefs are just that powerful... yes, they are! So, which is a better belief to have? The belief that psychiatry is evil? Or a more neutral belief that it may be helpful?

If I see someone suffering, I would much rather they believe that going to see a doctor and getting on medication is going to ease their suffering. The belief itself may be more important than the treatment. And in the meantime, someone is there to watch and make sure they don't harm themselves or others. (I have lost way too many loved ones to suicide - I do not want to lose another one).
Old 27-10-2011, 09:41 PM
1being

Quote:
Oh! D'oh. Funny! Yeah, i would normally use "pdoc" but I don't see that term used here in this forum so I didn't.

Actually I believe I've read somewhere that electric shock is not that bad of a treatment under certain circumstances (extreme depression). And I don't see why one would take issue with that, while believing that, for example, a pulse from the center of the universe is going to help us all evolve and ascend.

There's a lot coming out that suggests that many antidepressants are placebos, and you know what? So what. Maybe they are. But, so can a lot of alternative therapies also be placebos.

The mind's beliefs are just that powerful... yes, they are! So, which is a better belief to have? The belief that psychiatry is evil? Or a more neutral belief that it may be helpful?

If I see someone suffering, I would much rather they believe that going to see a doctor and getting on medication is going to ease their suffering. The belief itself may be more important than the treatment. And in the meantime, someone is there to watch and make sure they don't harm themselves or others. (I have lost way too many loved ones to suicide - I do not want to lose another one).

my issue with electroshock is from knowing someone personally who was being fried, slowly. they'd had more than a dozen "treatments". it's incomprehensible to me that anyone support electroshock. utter barbaric.

i'm glad you wrote about placebos because 5 minutes ago, i was meditating on "placebos" and "believability" and you've written it, without any prompting.

that you've lost loved ones to suicide (my sorrows) indicates to me that you've known immense stress & grief ... certainly - i'll suppose that you've "worked overtime" in attempt to understand and care for not only yourself, but your friends & family in this difficult world.

plus, there really are "energies" at work, larger than life - which "drive" us. THAT, in addition to whatever our cultural lifestyle is (fast paced world that never sleeps, excessive television, noise pollution, electro-magnetics, blaring lights, cell phones, microwaves, fast food, prepared & packaged foods)... toxic environment, extremely taxing on the mind.

*serenity*
Old 29-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Celeste

I, too, think you should seek medical attention. When I first got on anti-depressants, I was experiencing something similar, and the doctor said it was just the medicine adjusting itself.

We all have our demons, different selves (that maybe have to do with different lifetimes) and if we don't make peace with them, let them express themselves in appropriate ways (assertiveness vs aggressiveness) they're in unresolved conflict. All the contradictions of childhood going on in the head. A mentally ill person I would say tucked everything away, until it's so bad, it comes out as a disease.

During Christ's time, He was always casting out evil spirits from people who maybe were mentally ill. Then again, when you see the Exorcist, there definitely is supernatural phenomena out there. If it is telepathy you're experiencing, it's a probably negative spirits you have to insist get out of your orb, then surround yourself with the white light of Christ. Or if it's too bad, they might have to be exorcised out.

: )
Old 29-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:
If it is telepathy you're experiencing, it's a probably negative spirits you have to insist get out of your orb, then surround yourself with the white light of Christ. Or if it's too bad, they might have to be exorcised out.

i disagree. i've had confirmed telepathic experiences with physical friends and they were definately not "negative spirits". and folks communicate, have actual conversations, with their angels, guides and higher selves and it's doubtful any of those people consider the telepathy communications they're experiencing is being experienced with "negative spirits".

i theorize the many if not, most schizophrenics, are actually talented telepaths whose filters are so clogged with past trauma, they're lenses so distorted with pain and insecurity that can't they can't get decent reception so messages they receive are warped by and into the shape of their past traumas.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Celeste

Well, that is why, medical attention is needed, talented telepaths or not. Something is wrong either way.

Last edited by Celeste : 06-11-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 27-11-2011, 03:43 AM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSPREY1
Telepathy / schizophrenia take a glimpse at this and you'd wish you had neither.

If what I have if it either telepathy or schizophrenia I wanted to lean toward the scientific choice or perspective mental illness. But what I hear in my mind there are to many coincidences and voices that are to distinct I hear the voices in my mind and it sounds very real I recognize the voices as certain people around me distinct voices I hear them inside my mind you hear the meaning of the words and the associated emotion it it's hard to describe and can seem very real, the voices sound like the people around me some going about there daily business others with bitter malcontent for the bad hand life has dealt them and they are bitter and twisted, other voices like noise like chatter lots of people talking in the distance (crowds) and people voices some stronger than others. The bad people voices are the ones that stick out above the rest load and clear and evil in nature. The voices that are most dominant are the ones that have ill intent directed toward others I can hear their jealousy and malice and hear this is because of their insecurities and inadequacies they have about them selves, I hear the evil joy they get when they try to bully others as they try to ruin other people lives because there own lives are so sh!! and pointless most of these people being individuals with **** lives, **** jobs and so on and so they in turn try to ruin other people lives to make them selves feel better.

Since I moved to Bedford I hear them all the time the same voices individuals evil and malicious determination to hurt others because of their own **** little lives.

Would you really want to hear such evil people relentlessly when ever near to hear every bodies nasty dark deep little thoughts so disturbing…….

Telepathy / schizophrenia who would want it!

To be able to hear such things and not be able to block it out all the noise and all the despicable low lives!
A lot of mind chatter is just that, your own internal chatter. Most of what you're hearing is yourself. That includes the evil, vile stuff. That is your own internal dialogue. A person with a disorder such as Schiz hears voices that come from 'Outside' of their head. Like a voice from above or behind you. Some times these voices are commanding and other times they are soothing.

When you hear that distant buzzing type chatter, then you're hearing other ppl. If you train yourself to dial in and listen to them, you will hear some but not all of what they are saying. They are not local to you either, mostly they are in other countries. You can teach yourself to dial in to these countries and regions. You can learn to dial in to family or friends also. It is just a matter of training and dedication.