Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 09-06-2024, 08:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't believe it - lol, I have a different 'take' than you, Goldcup!
(Let me say, for me: There is NO reason why we can not know God, the Creator of the Universe,
The All That Is, The Eternal and Infinite Supreme Being ...by any name.)
How about if I say the reason we can't know God is because we are God?

I forget who said it but there's a quote that goes something like this: if you search for yourself you will find God, and if you search for God you will find yourself.
Old 09-06-2024, 09:21 PM
Ascender

Blessings Goldcup The Master SAI BABA who said to a devotee when asked
what is the difference master between you and me? To which SIA BABA said
the difference between you and me, is that I am God and I know I AM, you
are God and you do not know that you are, that is the difference.

regards michael
Old 09-06-2024, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
That's nice and lighthearted...BUT, who says 'we can't know God'? Humans.... Not GOD!
Not Krishna. And not me!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-06-2024, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
... God you will find yourself.
@post #11

What you say is true, but it doesn't limit us. We are so free to create any reality we so please. If someone enjoys a personal relationship with God, that is just as easily created as the experience of being God. Or being a simple human being. Nothing is off limits!
Old 09-06-2024, 11:00 PM
Ascender

The One from whom nought can be said.

The term "I AM" means the "RIDERS of the WILL" about nought can be said.
All those who can use the I AM prefix are "riders of the Will" of the ONE.

I AM prefix means that you are in motional atomic vibratory SPACE, and have
achieved SELF AWARENESS. There is ZERO "I" in the One from whom nought
can be said, there is only "AM HERE" zero "I". This AM writing this has
experienced this ABSENCE i in a vision upwelling experience.

This AM has never MOVED in all of ETERNITY, HOW could it move? Where could
it it possibly move to, to where it did not already occupy by it PRESENCE?
It has infinite and absolute potentialities but none are ever realized within its
ABSOLUTE INTELLIGENT LATENCY.

IT occupies its SELF ONLY-SPACE is non existent. it uses NO THING no
consciousness, no awareness, , it has zero need of awareness as it is complete wholly whole perfection absolute.
tbc blessings michael.
Old 09-06-2024, 11:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Imo to know the unknowable we must let go of thinking that we can know it, and just let it be. It is timelessly self aware.
The problem with experiences with god is often we identify to that experience right where we reside as the continuum of life and creation. And in that moment it’s easy to cling to what we ‘feel’ and come to know. The mind then sets it self up as this, as this is, as we are, at that moment. Is there more in the continuum of creation and life in us? While the mind contains experiences, profound or otherwise, often not. It seems the more profound experiences are, the harder it is to believe there is more. The firmer the heels dig in..😉
Old 10-06-2024, 12:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
@post #11

What you say is true, but it doesn't limit us. We are so free to create any reality we so please. If someone enjoys a personal relationship with God, that is just as easily created as the experience of being God. Or being a simple human being. Nothing is off limits!

This is very true. Our stream is our unique piece and choice to stay in the belief as we believe is ours to create through. Belief on the other hand is not how life works. So even as ‘we’ create our reality, as those beliefs, the reality of life as it is all around us and within us ongoing, will always meet our limitations or potentials, because life itself (creation) doesn’t hold itself to beliefs or limitations. The other thing with belief, is holding ourselves firmly in this way, lends people to have faith in the hands of something that they believe will take care of them. Keep them safe in some way. Something bigger, greater than humans, that over sees everything. Placing one’s trust in this way, isn’t a bad thing, in fact it can propel people to live life more courageously.
Old 10-06-2024, 06:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Imo to know the unknowable we must let go of thinking that we can know it, and just let it be.

I don't see any a precise meaning in "It is timelessly self aware" so I left that out of the quote. Not sure what "it" is referring to. But the above quote I agree with the way I read it. My interpretation or opinion or way I read it is it is 100% right we must let go of thinking we can know it, but then I think we can still know it. I think the thinking we can know it focuses our awareness through ego which would prevent an experience of the unknown. I think thinking has to be let go of, or one "let's it be" in other words to experience the unknown though to me it's not really unknown at that point. To me it's not the unknown one experiences, instead it is the what is. "Space consciousness" as one teacher put it. In my opinion anyway.
Old 10-06-2024, 06:48 AM
Master

Quote:
I forget who said it but there's a quote that goes something like this: if you search for yourself you will find God, and if you search for God you will find yourself.

I think God is not the unknown for most people. People have all kinds of ideas about who or what God is. Many have a physical image for God. Paintings, statues and so on. Mental images. Some believe they know what God looks like for them, what he or she says, what he or she said or did or does and so on. So much known in their minds about God.

I think if one is truly searching for the unknown, concepts of God would be limiting. But then I think one is directed and guided by what they understand, which of course is a kind of knowledge. But I think there is difference between knowledge of reality or truth or the realities of ones self, and knowledge born of conditioning and belief. The imagination plus strong desires and cultural conditioning can create very strong beliefs which one may feel is knowledge of realities which may or may not exist outside human minds and in their books.

I think seeking an experience of God as some form of the "known" is different from seeking an experience of the unknown. Also think one "medicine" is not right for all persons. So I don't think all should be seeking the same thing. One can find what brings them peace and that I think is their path for this incarnation. I don't think one path is for all.
Old 10-06-2024, 06:51 AM
Knower
I agree somewhat with Michael K. If there is a sense 'I know God' then it implies I am separate from God. But God is without limits, so who can be separate from God? 'I am God' is a closer knowing, closer to pure Self Awareness.

Imo the difficulty is that we believe we are separate from God and we search for God, but God is right here.