Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-07-2023, 01:39 AM
Master
Our first platonic solid, the tetrahedron, has all its corners the same distance from all others, which no other solid can possibly have.

Things are impossible, so why are things impossible? What is the constraint?

The constraint is dimension. We can more up/down, left/right, back/forward, and we can't move any other way - that's what 3D space is. But what makes it that way? How come there are not other ways to move?

It's because movement is relative, so let's say we have two points. One can move relative to the other, but to ask which is moving or to say one or both are moving is nonsensical. We simply say one moves relative to the other, and this relational bond is the constraint we call 'dimension'.

The rest of the story extends from that, but it's kind of obscure, nerdy and mathematical.

Last edited by Gem : 17-07-2023 at 03:30 AM.
Old 17-07-2023, 08:07 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
We can more up/down, left/right, back/forward, and we can't move any other way - that's what 3D space is. But what makes it that way? How come there are not other ways to move?
You need to make a quantum jump to move in more directions :)
There is the Thomson problem :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomson_problem

The objective of the Thomson problem is to determine the minimum electrostatic potential energy configuration of N electrons constrained to the surface of a unit sphere that repel each other
Geometric solutions of the Thomson problem for N = 4, 6, and 12 electrons are Platonic solids whose faces are all congruent equilateral triangles.
Numerical solutions for N = 8 and 20 are not the regular convex polyhedral configurations of the remaining two Platonic solids whose faces are square and pentagonal, respectively.
Old 17-07-2023, 08:23 AM
Master

What is sacred geometry, please?

or sacred algebra or sacred trigonometry?

but then math is the nature of reality and reality is sacred!

God created math!
Old 17-07-2023, 08:50 AM
Master

One thing I find fascinating about the The fibonacci sequence or golden ratio is how often it appears in things that exist.

Like in flower pedals, sunflowers, pine cones, tree branches, shells, spiral galaxies, hurricanes, faces, fingers, animal bodies, etc...

Even in reproductive dynamics: honey bees follow Fibonacci in many ways. The most profound example is by dividing the number of females in a colony by the number of males (females always outnumber males). The answer is typically something very close to 1.618

Animal fight patterns
When a hawk approaches its prey, its sharpest view is at an angle to their direction of flight — an angle that's the same as the spiral's pitch.

DNA molecules
Even the microscopic realm is not immune to Fibonacci. The DNA molecule measures 34 angstroms long by 21 angstroms wide for each full cycle of its double helix spiral. These numbers, 34 and 21, are numbers in the Fibonacci series, and their ratio 1.6190476 closely approximates Phi, 1.6180339.

Whoever or whatever is behind the creation of what exists, they had a blueprint, a pattern, from which they created, similar to using a certain cake pan, which would show evidence of itself in every kind of cake created within the shape of the pan. To me something like the fibonacci sequence or golden ratio is "sacred" because to me it shows evidence nothing here is random. To me it is evidence of creators using the same "building blocks" or design elements in a lot of stuff. Like a 2 inch shell and a spiral galaxy that is 100,000 light years wide.

It's almost like a divine advanced teacher gave his class an assignment. Create something with the golden ratio, anything you want. Some made shells, some galaxies, some designed face proportions. some made a pine cone.
Old 17-07-2023, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
In that case the 3 electrons and the 4 electrons find a balance by being the same distance from all others, and the repulsion between them is all the same. Of course 2 electrons are the same distance from each other by definition because there's only one dimension (it's literally the same distance). If you add another point, it requires another dimension for all three to be spaced equally and because they all have the same affect on each other, that's represented in their distance.

If you add an additional 4th dimension you can have 5 points spaced equally, but because space is itself 3 dimensional in nature due to motion, and indeed distance, being a relational constraint you can't add 5 points without creating a longer distance between 2 of them (thus the triangular di-pyramid for N=5). Hence, because the underlying constraint is 3D, 5 related objects need space to exist even if the objects themselves are zero dimensional.
Old 17-07-2023, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In that case the 3 electrons and the 4 electrons find a balance by being the same distance from all others,

It boggles me the intelligence levels involved in the beings behind this creation. In some ways I think humans are not worthy of being within it.
Old 17-07-2023, 08:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Wow thank you so much for that info and the pictures really did help me understand much better.
Thanks for the time and effort it must have taken for you to do this. Much appreciated!
Glad you found it informative. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

And I had fun doing it. Always good to be reminded of these things.

Peace
Old 17-07-2023, 08:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have a gorgeous necklace with it - but never knew, 'What good is it?" How does it effect us...crystals I understand, Orgonite, I understand...but not this.
I have always thought of sacred geometry as a means of interpreting creation rather than a tool for personal transformation.

So when you say you have "a gorgeous necklace with it (sacred geometry)", do you mean something like a pendant with (for example) something like the Flower of Life or a Merkaba?

In which case, does wearing this exert an influence on us, rather like wearing an amethyst or a piece of lapis lazuli?

In a general sense, probably yes, in that everything around us has an effect on us. But I don't know what any specific effect of such a necklace might be.

Regarding the Merkaba, it is made up of tetrahedrons, the first of the platonic solids, and supposedly pulls together themes of balance and stability. And if we search online then we find various sites offering meditations on the Flower of Life or the Merkaba. I don't know how valid any of these are.

The books by Drunvalo Melchizedek The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life (Volumes I and II) are interesting reading on all of this.

Peace
Old 18-07-2023, 01:38 AM
Master
We can also probably look at cymatic patterns to examine how sound frequencies set up geometrical shapes.

The cosmic vibration ‘Om’ (ohm) for example, is said to create an elliptical shape, as I just read somewhere, hence elliptical orbits and ovoidal shapes?

In another thread, we were hearing out Dr. Gilbert offering Rosicrucian based theosophy, he speaks of working with sacred geometry as the ‘voice of God’. Could be, only deeper examination can tell.

In another text, Vedas say there are 64 dimensions* (* ‘confirmed’ by Lord Shiva, in an interaction a friend of mine had during deep meditation), mind boggling, yet a finite number, created by vibrational frequencies.

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 18-07-2023 at 04:04 AM.
Old 18-07-2023, 05:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
thus the triangular di-pyramid for N=5). Hence, because the underlying constraint is 3D, 5 related objects need space to exist even if the objects themselves are zero dimensional.
Say what? Lol you’re now our current maths wiz! Haha