Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 16-06-2024, 02:35 AM
Ascender

Hello JustBe and all.

Further to # 10.

If we do choose to perceive existence as being one inevitably interconnected inclusive interdependent process---and follow on through that perception to then choose to play our part in that process in a manner as harmonious with that perception as we are able---given the limitations of our knowledge and circumstances--we may then be enabled to realise that not only are we "ourselves" inevitably interconnected etc. in the oneness of the process of existence, but are "ourselves" actually no more --nor less-- than manifestations constructed by process and existing as a result of process.

The perception of "ourselves" as described above enables the ability to use "ourselves" as the viewing platform to which we have access rather than considering "ourselves" to be the only manifestations constructed by process and existing as a result of process.

In so doing this also enables the opening of a door to the ability to realise that not only are we inevitably connected with "all which is", but also enables the ability for "all which is" to connect with "ourselves".

We might choose to characterise such connection as being fulfillment.

Love.

Cheers. X.
Old 16-06-2024, 09:22 AM
Experiencer
It's worth highlighting that if we feel we are connected, this also implies we are separate. If I say I am connected to the whole, there is still a small sense that I am a separate individual, albeit linked to the whole. From the Non Dual perspective we go a step further and say truly I'm not separate from the whole, there is only one indivisible whole and I am that.

In this understanding blame falls away, as there are no others. The One may appear to be divided against itself, but it is an amazing play of separation.
Old 16-06-2024, 09:23 AM
Experiencer
It's worth highlighting that if we feel we are connected, this also implies we are separate. If I say I am connected to the whole, there is still a small sense that I am a separate individual, albeit linked to the whole. From the Non Dual perspective we go a step further and say truly I'm not separate from the whole, there is only one indivisible whole and I am that.

In this understanding blame falls away, as there are no others. The One may appear to be divided against itself, but it is an amazing play of separation.
Old 17-06-2024, 09:32 PM
Ascender

Hello Goldcup7 and all.

If in choosing to engage in the process of choosing to perceive existence as one whole inevitably interconnected inclusive interdependent process we find that making this choice helps us to experience the connection and possibly then also prompts us to choose to modify/regulate our own behaviour to be harmonious with the insight which that experience may prove to provide.,---is our engagement in this process pointless if we are ignorant concerning notions/opinions regarding duality/non duality?

Lots of "ifs" and questions. --but perhaps grounded and accessible.

The wisdom of words kneel before loving deeds,---so I believe.

Cheers. X.
Old 17-06-2024, 10:40 PM
Experiencer
Sorry about the double posts above. It glitched on me.

Weareunity, you'll need to break that down for me a little. Not sure what the question is. Do you mean: if we choose to see the world as one, and modify our behaviour in accordance with that view, is this pointless if we don't understand non duality?
Old 18-06-2024, 04:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
It's worth highlighting that if we feel we are connected, this also implies we are separate. If I say I am connected to the whole, there is still a small sense that I am a separate individual, albeit linked to the whole. The One may appear to be divided against itself, but it is an amazing play of separation.
Feeling connected as I perceive myself is simply feeling connected to myself as a whole. For those like myself who didn’t or don’t understand ( through perceived separation) they are the whole, feel that deeply, initially in process. ( most still in perceived separation still feel that way) doesn’t necessarily mean, there is a view of separation, but more connected to the whole from within as itself.

As I see your view you’re perceiving it as separation but I don’t.

If you’re someone who’s always perceived himself as the whole, that’s really rare, but my experience of so many is that at the core they don’t feel that way. So feeling is what embodies it more complete. Just knowing doesn’t mean one feels it as an embodiment. So the feeling level simply means it no longer feels seperate.
The universe is made up of experiences that are designed to burn out your attachment, your clinging, to pleasure, to pain, to fear, to all of it. And as long as there is a place where you’re vulnerable, the universe will find a way to confront you with it. - Ram Dass
Old 18-06-2024, 12:50 PM
Experiencer
What I mean is that if there is a subject-object relationship then there is still a sense of separation. Most people would acknowledge that they are connected to the universe. Some people will feel a deeper connection. Some people will feel a sense of being one with everything. But these all have a sense of me and the One. So connection implies separation. The range of separation goes from not feeling connected to feeling very connected.

The next realisation is Oneness, where there is no me and the One. Just the One.
Old 18-06-2024, 11:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
What I mean is that if there is a subject-object relationship then there is still a sense of separation. Most people would acknowledge that they are connected to the universe..
I was simply explaining to you for your own awareness of those in process how it can be. Connection and the feeling level is all part of one’s embodiment. My feeling level of being and my connection doesn’t disappear just because I know I am the ‘one’ ..it’s utilised as a source of experience in the potential of all that.

I think from your standpoint you think it implies separation, but from someone who’s worked hard to build connections to understand themselves in all this, it wouldn’t represent this viewpoint.

I view myself through a lens of being able ‘through my own personal connection’ and awareness of myself as oneness to travel streams anywhere I’m realised and aware. It simply allows me to be mindful of process. Participate in my own life experience open and aware of the whole.

If you haven’t ever felt seperate, you don’t have those steps in process of understanding perceived seperation and feelings associated. You also wouldn’t have the understanding of the building process.

In the end it might all fall away into ‘the one’ but we still live and breathe life, engage and participate with life as it is. My feelings and connection still reside in me as a human regardless. Just they sit nicely within the whole.
The universe is made up of experiences that are designed to burn out your attachment, your clinging, to pleasure, to pain, to fear, to all of it. And as long as there is a place where you’re vulnerable, the universe will find a way to confront you with it. - Ram Dass

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-06-2024 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked
Old 18-06-2024, 11:54 PM
Ascender

Bunny

Hello Goldcup7.

Thanks for your interest in the question posed.

Not just " the world as one" as you replied, but existence as one complex process of interconnection etc etc etc as per post-- a process in which all which exists is inextricably included/linked because in essence existence is the process, so nothing which exists can exist separated from the process-- . --A sort of exercise in logic rather than belief initially-- the recognition of a truth if you like to think of it in that way---which makes it sound much more profound than the simple deduction which it actually is. Imo.

A deduction which is imo based more on common sense than any more profound considerations regarding the us, me, I, and all else relationship. These more profound considerations being of the sort which I understand to be within the scope of discussions/ thoughts/ beliefs regarding duality/ non-duality.

The simple deduction can--if accepted--serve as gateway to considerations going beyond logic because such considerations will involve the making of personal choices, and the motivations for making such choices, and the nature of the choices themselves.

For example-- being inextricably linked with all which is, how do I want to behave in response to recognising/accepting this truth? and, being thus connected, what actions, process, in which I participate or instigate are appropriate having recognised the truth of this interconnection?

It is perhaps no suprise to realise that the " golden rule" provides guidance to help answer both these questions. As if the truth of interconnection has long been known though not necessarily by means of logical deduction.

It seems that the same destination can be arrived at by travelling different routes, ---with one common factor---all using the same motive power. Loving thy neighbour as thyself--with thy neighbour being all and all being thyself.

So. My question was asking, --is there only one possible route which therefore makes the setting off on possible alternative routes pointless?

Cheers. X.

PS. I have no idea how the rabbit got on to the top of this post. Logic tells me I have bungled and prodded something somewhere in error. However perhaps he/she is representing nature and offering prior approval and encouragement to our efforts to cherish. 😊
Old 19-06-2024, 12:08 AM
Master

feelings are feelings. Meanwhile the only thing that creates separation is the process we continually undergo, of saying there is a 'this' and there is a 'that' and 'this' is over here and 'that' is over there.

If I could quit doing that I wouldn't have to worry about separation any more... unfortunately for me i don't seem to be able to. OR maybe fortunately, living like everything is not separate would maybe be more boring than I used to suppose....