Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-07-2021, 02:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
zen is to be here now without the attention on the conceptual realities, the thought or mind based ones, to be fully present with what is, not with what one imagines or produces as thought or ideas

Correct. Cobbler comes across as a woman in love and easily swept away by words: sweet nothings. I worry for him just as you would over a sister or a daughter when a cad come' a calling.

Spirituality is not a safe haven populated by good souls. There are as many sharks swimming in the realm beyond the 5 senses as there are wolves in Wall Street. There is need to look out for each other.
Old 27-07-2021, 02:19 AM
Master

Quote:
The body may be moving, but we are standing still. Always present. Not moving one inch! Always right here in the now.

Wow. Have you any idea how right you are? Nobody seems to be asking, "how come I am at the center of everything? From here, where I am in space, as the observer, to the edge of the universe? From now, where I am in time, to the distant past, and to the edge of eternity."
Old 27-07-2021, 06:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Correct. Cobbler comes across as a woman in love and easily swept away by words: sweet nothings. I worry for him just as you would over a sister or a daughter when a cad come' a calling.

Spirituality is not a safe haven populated by good souls. There are as many sharks swimming in the realm beyond the 5 senses as there are wolves in Wall Street. There is need to look out for each other.

We should certainly look out for each other, sharks, wolves, sheep, goats or bunny rabbits. Quite a few cads have come a calling in my life. I have coped. We all have our methods.

Yes, I do love words. Dogen loved words. It's good and enlightening to read of his words about the finger and the moon, that both are necessary and inter-relate. But words, again, James Joyce and the Wakese of Finnegans Wake (note the lack of an apostrophe) where the word plsy is stretched to the limits and beyond as Joyce seeks to express reality itself....

A selection of lines from Finnegans Wake........

"The Gracehoper was always jigging ajog, hoppy on akkant of his joyicity."

"First we feel, then we fall"

"They lived and laughed and loved and left."

"Let us leave theories there and return to here's here"

"A dream of favours, a favourable dream. They know how they believe that they believe that they know. Wherefore they wail."

Love to you all
The Cobbler
Old 27-07-2021, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
where you are going or where you have been are imagination.
Where you have been are Memories, they are building blocks for imagination .
Old 27-07-2021, 07:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Where you have been are Memories, they are building blocks for imagination .

Willaim Blake, poet and mystic, was big on imagination. "To the eyes of a miser a gold coin is far more beautiful than the sun" etc etc.

Of words, in the Christian Faith God chose words to reveal the Word. "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us......full of grace and truth".

The relationship between word, Word and "flesh". Dogen has much to say.
Old 27-07-2021, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:

There are as many sharks swimming in the realm beyond the 5 senses as there are wolves in Wall Street. There is need to look out for each other.
Not to forget, Buddha taught that we have 'Six' Senses
Old 27-07-2021, 07:31 AM
Master
Quote:
The ducks are always where they are. Neither going away or going towards, being here now with their wings moving.
It's the 'Mind' that moves so the Duckies are happy going about their lives carried by their wings
Old 27-07-2021, 07:47 AM
Deactivated Account
Thinking about it (not always a good thing I admit) regarding cads and other assorted disreputables, the base/ground must be touched first prior to diversification. (I'm beginning to get the tone of the forum now....words, loved or not, are poured over looking for signs of true insight according to one's own. It's a good game... ) All have the buddha-nature, a real self, a recondite host (call it what you will, even not-self) Seeing this, knowing this, touching base, diversification can follow. We have a chance of the "appropriate statement". If we divide and differentiate prior to touching base all hell will break loose.
Old 27-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Master
QUOTE 9 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
There was a guy in a Terry Pratchett novel who either knew where he was or where he was going but never both at the same time.

Meditative people discover that there can only be one thought in one's mind at a given moment (as well as a space between thoughts) ... like the character whom you mentioned who "either knew where he was or where he was going but never both at the same time".
Old 28-07-2021, 06:46 PM
Master
QUOTE 12 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Nobody seems to be asking, "how come I am at the center of everything?

There is an oft-quoted statement whose source is not clear but I love it and it is consistent with what you wrote:

"God is a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."