Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 31-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Knower
Yeicatl, I am definitely a giver and always feel guilty when receiving praise.
Old 31-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Ascender

Is it healing, or is it just the power of suggestion, aka the placebo effect? Whatever it may be, it works.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:23 PM
iolite

GoddessLove...

Keep working with reiki and as you feel more confident in your healing abilities, you will grow as a healer. You might even be drawn to learn other modalities, a lot of healers are and then incorporate them with your own personal touch. I know a healer who incorporates sound (with tuning forks), healing touch and quantum touch. Others bring crystals into their technique.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Knower
Shamanwoman that was really well said:) Thank you all for the suggestions. This is truly a blessing!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Gauss

I suggest you avoid healing others, the energy to heal usually comes from different bad entities(or your own good inborn quality which is wasted to heal other peopleĀ“s diseases) and they do it for you with a prize tag for the assistance. So be very very careful is my advice.

Look at many modern day healers, how are they doing themselves health wise?

I am just telling you here that "shortcuts" usually come with a prize tag along with it. If someone learns healing in three days how can that be a good energy that he emits to the patient? Genuine Qi Gong Masters can heal after decades of arduous cultivation because they have Gong(high-energy matter).

I suggest you recommend sick people to start practicing an upright form of Qi Gong instead and value virtue in daily life. That way people can heal themselves and get well without danger.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

Wish you good luck!

/Gauss
Old 03-02-2011, 01:30 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessLove
I wanted to ask this question for the longest, but had not the courage in doing so.

Quite a while ago, I was told by someone that I was a healer. In fact, I was also told I was an empath and a lightworker by complete strangers; not one for labels, I ignored it. People said "You attract dark entities to give them light." However, I thought I attracted dark entities because I was dark myself, and have worked tenaciously for my higher self! A couple of months, however, at the advice of a member on this forum, I received Reiki in order to heal myself, as this member said that I needed to heal first before I could heal others. She said I was blocking it. It was quite a coincidence that this member said that I was a healer too without ever meeting me.

After my Reiki, I realized many things changing in my life. I became extremely self aware and cognizant of others. For example, when my boyfriend had a squelching headache, I decided to place my hand on his head and pray. He fell asleep holding my hand tightly to where it hurt. Before long, I got a headache and asked God to take it away. Minutes later, it was gone. OMG I thought. Is this real? Maybe just a coincidence. Whatever the case, I realized that I just don't believe...I have a problem believing that some people are meant to facilitate healing. Deep down I feel that giving oneself a label like "healer," "lightworker," "indigo," "empath," or "christian," may be an act of the ego. So I avoid these things. My question is: how can I learn to believe that I may be a healer????????- and actively allow God's energy to manifest through me?

I have learned when I am healing anyone, using the example of laying your hand on his head to relieve the headache......do this for a bit, then flick your hand as if flicking off water from your hand. you don't want to keep their energy on your skin.......example: you got his headache. this works for any part of the body. you also want to wash your hands directly after doing any kind of healing. hope this helps a little too.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 PM
StoneAgeQueen

I've just started learning to heal at my spiritualist church. I've actually been told several times by mediums that i'm a healer. Anyway, on Monday night i was healing someone and I actually took the pain from his shoulder, I was sore until the next day. How can I prevent this from happening? Also, I have a health issue at the moment which is quite bad, could healing other people deplete myself of vital energy?

Thank you!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen
I've just started learning to heal at my spiritualist church. I've actually been told several times by mediums that i'm a healer. Anyway, on Monday night i was healing someone and I actually took the pain from his shoulder, I was sore until the next day. How can I prevent this from happening? Also, I have a health issue at the moment which is quite bad, could healing other people deplete myself of vital energy?

Thank you!

Hi Queeny

Although we channel the energy one's own Individual energy needs to be In pretty good shape so to speak. There Is always the Individual energies at play within the healing work. The spirit guides will merge In to your own energy for the duration and It helps if you are energized within yourself.

Some healers rely on a strong Individual magnetic field In order for spirit to work on the physical planes.

I have always felt that If the healer Is unwell In themselves "try not to heal others If you can help It"

I do hear from time to time that healers and patients kinda pass on certain ailments but they are only skin deep. Sometimes we feel their symptoms In order to acknowledge where the healing Is needed. This is what happens In my case.

I did hear of an old famous healer that used to have a bowl of water next to him while he healed and he used to dip his hands In the water afterwards. There used to be residue In the bottom of the bowl after an evenings work lol.

I think many healers have there own cleansing technique.

x daz x
Old 03-02-2011, 02:40 PM
StoneAgeQueen

Thanks Daz, hun. My illness is my eyes- I have diabetic eye disease, everything else is good though, health wise. I did get a good feeling when I was healing and I was very aware of my guide's energy coming through me. :)

Fi
Old 03-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen
Thanks Daz, hun. My illness is my eyes- I have diabetic eye disease, everything else is good though, health wise. I did get a good feeling when I was healing and I was very aware of my guide's energy coming through me. :)

Fi

Sorry to hear about your eye Fi.

I believe that every healing you give you out you get some of the same energy back.

Try to direct some of that energy Into your eye?

That's funny one of my guides used to be eye surgeon..

I'll ask him to pop over and see you he hehe..

Still If you go to a spiritualist church I am sure you have regular healings?

Hope ya get beta soon

x daz x