Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-11-2023, 01:05 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You mentioned college. That reminds me of this also. I often assumed I wouldn't pass an exam, and most of the time that worry and expectation turned out to be for nothing. So there we go, my thoughts didn't create the future and my worries didn't have a basis in reality. it was made up and my worry didn't create a fail.

And yeah, like you say people can work ''hard'' and not get anything out of that ((as a side note, I don't at all believe in ''hard work'', only talent and being clever at the right moment)).

I have the same problem to Altair. I remember last year i was taking history class and I ALWAYS had this fear of failing my midterm or even my final exam. All turned out to be bogus lollll. I was pretty much like this my entire life…one fearful thought after another…and not a single fearful thought came into reality. But the cycle continues
Old 08-11-2023, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray=out
my entire life…one fearful thought after another…and not a single fearful thought came into reality. But the cycle continues
Honest and hilarious (funny because true). Best combo ever.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:48 AM
Master
Quote:
You mentioned college.
University was stressful. I was too scared to even check my grades (I didn't read my transcripts til the end), and excessive reading made me depressed. I found contentment in simple physical things. I think worry about the future is normal, and there are exactly zero people who don't do it, but ya gotta watch the escalating anxiety. That can really mess with yer head.

One thing I don't have is body anxiety, and if reincarnation is true and I experience a female life-span, the experience I've had in my life with transgenders and all that has made me realise, just appreciate the body as it is and feel lucky to be alive.

My belief is 'gender' isn't a real thing. At university I was a distinction level student in gender studies, so I have demonstrated academically that I have a high level understanding. I philosophised with the best, but on self-introspection, I'm very obviously male, but there is no 'man' in here. Since I realised that the whole trope of 'be a man' has no valid premise, I not only see how the whole identity politic is fallacious, but I also see how to make a distinction between life as real and tangible and what we might imagine ourselves to be.

I can't see how having periods or giving birth is anything to look forward to, and I merely keep an open mind about reincarnation, but if, hypothetically, I 'came back' female... well, I think being a male is way cooler, but I'd be excited, happy, and make the most of it.
Old 08-11-2023, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I can't see how having periods or giving birth is anything to look forward to, and I merely keep an open mind about reincarnation, but if, hypothetically, I 'came back' female... well, I think being a male is way cooler, but I'd be excited, happy, and make the most of it.

I too think it is cooler to be male, although females come with plenty of their own advantages. But physically, yes, male.

But even so, the more important thing for me would be more the place of birth instead of the gender. Growing up in a culture with little freedom and opportunity to develop yourself would be my definition of hell. Being female in Europe is definitely preferable over being male in North Korea. Some may argue ''you wouldn't know any better'', but as human we contemplate life and suffering, so growing up that way doesn't make it less noticeable.

I never imagined you studied gender studies out of all things, also because of your age. I suspect you studied three decades ago and I thought the topic was fairly new, at least as a study instead of a course.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
I never imagined you studied gender studies out of all things, also because of your age. I suspect you studied three decades ago and I thought the topic was fairly new, at least as a study instead of a course.
I was a mature age Social Work student upskilling from a Community Service worker. I think I finished up in 2016 or something. It wasn't actually going anywhere, but I thought, I love lifting, and ended up being a personal trainer. As a requirement of a Social Work degree we had to do topics in indigenous studies, gender studies and stuff like that, but Gender studies was cool so I took a couple of extra electives and excelled. Turns out I'm a bigot .

I'd be more scared of being born in a horrid tryannical violent place as well, especially as a female! I guess I was only imagining the ideal.
Old 10-11-2023, 12:48 AM
Master

in college i was mostly afraid i would do something wrong and it was stressful balancing that against getting things done... anxious....

didn't help that at the time i was morbidly afraid of letting on to females that I admired them... I can think of a couple I wouldn't even really look at for fear they would think that....

I only started getting over that maybe 8 or ten years ago, i started taking chances looking at someone i liked and sometimes she would smile so I thought that was nice... she was a salve for the sould sigh...
Old 10-11-2023, 12:51 AM
Master

i think that male bodies are 'easier'. still might be nice to be 'female' though. But I agree any more with the idea of just trying to accept whatever it is I am provided and not fight it by trying to make it into something else that seems more desirable...
Old 10-11-2023, 04:13 AM
Master
If I know a flood it coming, I can worry about it, or I can take some action.
The future will form out of the actions we take now.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
But I agree any more with the idea of just trying to accept whatever it is I am provided and not fight it by trying to make it into something else that seems more desirable...
Desires are not a bad thing. Maybe someone has lost a leg but with technology they can have a new one, should they have simply accepted missing one or go for it? Only for them to judge.
Old 10-11-2023, 09:14 AM
Knower

Quote:
Desires are not a bad thing. Maybe someone has lost a leg but with technology they can have a new one, should they have simply accepted missing one or go for it? Only for them to judge.
It's not only for them to judge...

Don't forget our dreamer part .. (versus us that we are the dreamed'
the unknown and the unknowable 'r always present
only rock 'n' roll seems to be losing ground .

(I 'm speaking about my personal positioning above)