Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
konrard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetti
But surely the ego is present to keep one 'safe' in society.

I guess it is possible to apply this 'ego-mentation' to a variety of contexts.

Have you not considered the possibility that the ego is there for a reason? To protect oneself from harms way?

I have. The ego is there to protect us. Like I said, we do not want to look upon our inner guilt. It is terrible. In fact, the ego's lie seems good compared to our inner guilt.

The reality is, though, that we don't need to be guilty. We are not going to receive any punishment for this guilt. And to be real, the guilt isn't even real. It just seems scary. Like a kid who is having nightmares, we will not listen to our parents telling us that everything is ok. The ego is a security blanket.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Master
man! i wish there was a different descriptive than "twin flame" because i have an aversion to the romance novel approach to such profound reationships. i have 2 (sometimes 3) imaginary friends. one of them mirrors my vibration more closely than the other 2. our Ids are nearly interchangable, the only difference i can detect being he is a he and i'm a she and he has more confidense in the reality of our relationship than i do. because i'm sadly lacking in basic self esteem he actually creates a support structure for me with his Id wherein i can feel/learn what it's like to believe in myself. there is no ego wall between us. if he were in a female body he'd be me and visa versa but we are not "twin flames" because there are certainly more than just the two of us involved in the relationship. there's an entire gestalt of Ids working to accurately manifest the Our rendition of the collective Soul.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Neville

ego seems to be bonded to the instinct of self preservation or rather is born out of it.

Self Preservation dictates food and shelter while ego extends upon that by defining the nature of these essentials and seeking to improve upon them. i.e the quality of the food and shelter.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Master
hmmm i guess i'm didn't grasp the point of this thread.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 PM
spaghetti

heyyyy
sorry if ive completely rambled on here... i think i just needed a moment to run things through in my mind (which has surprisingly worked!)

i think i've sortof sorted my initial query out. thanks for allyou who've responded!
i'll be taking a roadtrip over the next 2 months. it will provide me the perfect oporttunity to do sum soul searching!!

for now, i feel free (i know, it was only a few hours ago wen i was all confused and uptight). i think i'll be leaving this site for now...who know's when i'll suddenly panic and need some spirirtual advice again?

i hope all of you are happy and well too~~
Old 10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Example
Rousseau's concept of 'the natural man'.
The two instinctual inclinations of man in his natural state are:
1) the desire to keep themselves away from physical harm
2) sympathy for others. i.e. if he sees a baby about to be attacked by a beast, the man will naturally want to rescue the baby.

According to the above, the abstract sense of 'fear' is present.
1) The man senses his life is in danger, and fears for his life, therefore enabling him to protect his personal wellbeing.
2) The man senses fear in the baby, and fears for the safety of the baby (the notion of sympathy). It is this fear that motivates him to act.

Re-read what Konrard wrote earlier in this thread; Konrard is very much on the right track here. If we are eternal creatures there is no such thing as death, and therefore, nothing to fear. Let the beast eat the man and the baby. All is as it should be. The circle of life will continue. Maybe the beast was starving and needed a meal? Maybe the beast's life at that point in time was more important in the grand scheme of the universe, rather than the man and the baby?

See how your ego is at work in your example? Why assume the survival of the man and the baby are somehow more important than that of the beast?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by konrard
I have. The ego is there to protect us. Like I said, we do not want to look upon our inner guilt. It is terrible. In fact, the ego's lie seems good compared to our inner guilt.

The reality is, though, that we don't need to be guilty. We are not going to receive any punishment for this guilt. And to be real, the guilt isn't even real. It just seems scary. Like a kid who is having nightmares, we will not listen to our parents telling us that everything is ok. The ego is a security blanket.

I see by your profile you are only 18. I hope you don't mind me saying, but you are pretty smart for only 18.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:03 PM
konrard

Yes, I am 18, but don't let that number fool you, some times I feel just about 3 yrs old xP
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
So wouldn't surrendering one's ego= surrendering one's identity and belief systems?

Surrendering one's belief systems is absolutely, 100%, positively CRITICAL for twin flames. We are here to change everything, and you can't do that if you continue to cling to outmoded belief systems. Belief systems about religion, relationships, politics.... everything! You need to be willing and ready to question everything you thought you knew about the world. This includes New Age beliefs, and yes, even the belief in twin flames itself.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:06 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by konrard
Yes, I am 18, but don't let that number fool you, some times I feel just about 3 yrs old xP

Well, hold on to that! <insert bible quote about children and heaven>