Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-06-2024, 11:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
They can also pick up and continue a lucid dream from a previous night.

Can the same be done in waking reality?. That they are but a byproduct and not the intent of the practice.
I’ve never understood why one would control or manipulate a dream but your post made me remember something.
As a child, I recall I could continue a dream from the night before. Often I would choose things that were uplifting or thrilling. So in light of a miserable childhood, it may well serve to bring some measure of control over one’s reality.

As for waking reality, that does make sense. As they say, “be careful of what you wish for.” It can definitely be a distraction but ultimately you can’t escape ‘you’ regardless.
Old 01-06-2024, 03:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
So, what is the differentiator?
That would of course be the physical mind. In the dream you realize it is not reality. In dreams there is no competition of realities. In the dream only one reality exists. We even know it is not real. It is when awake you feel reality is real. I think what we find is simple, the conscious mind when awake stops it. The source of stopping it. Also there are so many other realities that compete with each other that are so unlike our dream. Dreams explore the conscious mind and are often a mirror. It might be we should listen what the dream tells or says.
Old 01-06-2024, 04:22 PM
Master

As a human here on this Earth I have traveled around the Sun 77-times and most of the time I was so caught up in the dream of being human that I did not even notice that journey.

Everything which humanity has created came from inside of people. When I look at the buildings in cities and towns, the automobiles, clothes, etc., I know they all started as either an idea in someone’s head or a feeling which someone had, basically a dream.

Even the birth of a child, your birth, may have began as a dream, a thought or feeling within your parents. Using this premise, if we can manipulate our dreams when our physical body sleeps that process can also be transferred to the outside world. We can fly in our dreams because the physics are different than they are in the physical world.

But concentration in this physical world can pierce physical existence and allow us to peer into a more subtle spiritual realm. This has been reported by many and it is also my experience. We live through each other, people identify with characters on T.V. and in movies, they quote other people as a reference for their own reality, etc.

There is really no separateness between us and no separateness between our inside life and our outside life. 77-circles around the Sun and doing quiet meditation for about 50 of those circles, has taught me this. Row, row, row, your boat gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream. I heard that tune at a very young age.
Old 01-06-2024, 06:47 PM
Master

SOME QUOTES:

“Confucius and you are both dreams; and I who say you are a dream, I am but a dream myself.” From “Life is a Great Dream, By Chaung Tzu, a mystic, moralist, and social reformer.

“You sit therefore in the midst of a dream. Occasionally there may come a dreamer who is aware that he is dreaming. He may control something of the dream stuff, bending it to his will, or he may awaken into greater self knowledge.” From Zelazny’s Lord of Light, Page-45

“For in and out, above, about, below, tis nothing but a magic shadow show. Played in a box whose candle is the Sun, around which we phantom figures come and go.” From Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, 46

“One should look upon this world as an illusion, in that it is a creation of the mind, open to perception and effervescent as a dream; most unsteady like a revolving firebrand.” From Srimad Bhagavatam, 11:13

“Life is a bubble on a stream. A glimpse at best, a shadow play. Things really are not the way they seem.” From The Buddha, in Poems of the Visionary Spirit.

The Jewish Talmud teaches that dreams are one sixth of prophesy.

Christianity teaches that God often speaks to humans in dreams and visions.

Islam teaches that the soul connects with other souls and events in dreams.

I have a lot more of these but this is just a sample which I thought I’d share.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 01-06-2024, 08:04 PM
Master

Aaaassssssssskkk
Old 01-06-2024, 08:07 PM
Master

[quote=StarmanI do quiet meditation twice daily and go through most of my waking hours in a very quiet blank state.

In my opinion we live in each others dreams, and sometimes each others nightmares. We invite people into our worldview, our fantasies, memories, and desires. Basically our dream states. Quiet meditation, and staying quiet...[/QUOTE]

I’ve done two years of deeper conscious dream work, whereby my mind/body/spirit were all working in unison, activating me to open and let go.so I was literally being woken up every night to clear and open. It was a natural progression in process many years ago.

Now of course aware I’m dreaming and being awake to the dream of myself, I’m not trying to engage my dreamer, but rather know it’s a space, I can observe and let be. But…. Because “I am awake and aware in my dream” it seems to be more about the collective reality, after reading what you shared.

Turning that switch off. Taking care of my connection.

Thanks for allowing me to reflect.

Last edited by JustBe : 02-06-2024 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-06-2024, 08:20 PM
Knower
You may think of yourself in a dream - maybe you are running, dancing, walking, talking, or doing some action. There may be others you interact with, other people or animals you see. There is the land you walk on, there are places you visit. It is all the mind. Your character, your actions, the others you meet, and the world itself. It is all a play within the mind. You are not really the character in the dream. The whole dream is a play of the mind.

Imo it is like a dream within the dream. The sleeping dream is like a miniature of the waking dream.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:15 AM
Master

For plants, insects, animals, and humans, evolution and healing mostly takes place when we sleep and rest from the outside world. People who are dying their body will sleep more than it will stay awake, it is the same for little babies. For little babies the body is forming, growing, and for those who are dying the body is devolving and deceasing to exist.

Consciousness remains active during sleep. According to esoteric psychology suggestions, self talk, affirmations, and impact events which we may have experienced during our waking hours embed themselves in our being when our body sleeps. Thoughts and images which we hold on to often take root in our being while our physical body sleeps. Healing treatments also do their best work when we rest and take a break from the outside drama. Sleep is essential for a person to maintain balance and sanity.

We can also receive deeper messages when our body sleeps, messages which may impact us as intuition during our waking hours. Corporeal intelligence or body consciousness is always active working with our deeper consciousness, sometimes called our sub or sublime consciousness. The Great Work of humanity is the work of self-transformation which takes place on a sublime level and finds its way to the surface; commonly called “spiritual development.” What we give to each other is the work, or lack of work, which we have done on ourselves. In my opinion.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:20 AM
Master

Awakening

Awakening from the dream, or the nightmare of bondage, is a continuous process of stages. It involves new and more expansive ways of perception, and letting go of former perceptions and opinions. Awakening is more about vision than it is about thoughts as our vision becomes clearer and clearer as we truly awaken, and our thoughts become quieter and quieter.

Clarity of vision may allow us to see further down the road, what some may call “the future.” These things come only when we are not expecting them to come. The process of spiritual awakening involves destruction, a destruction of old forms and ways of doing things. This brings about self transformation. According to esoteric philosophy “our false sense of personal will, personal autonomy, and personal self action, is destroyed on the path of greater spiritual development.

Revelation follows each stage of awakening; something is revealed to us that was always present. Nothing is added; we wake up to what has always been beyond what we may have thought; seeing it in a new way at each stage of awakening. Awakening is an unveiling, disclosure, and discovery, of a greater existence. It may encompass our being fulfilling us. We can have a great awakening and then fall back into our former slumber, but in my opinion, the light inside of us will remind us of what we have seen.

People experience minor awakenings frequently, they may even have major awakenings many times during their human life. It comes to people in many different ways as each person learns in their own way at their own pace. It is not a competition with others, as we are only competing with ourselves. It is true that the journey is more important than the goal, as the destination exists always in the here and now. At least this is how I currently interpret my journey; still my perspective is subject to change.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:45 AM
Wow, that last post 19 was very nice to be the first thing I read today before 2am.
We are awake at the same time. Thank you. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru