Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-12-2016, 04:56 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Apparently you think you have it all figured out. I haven't read all of the responses here yet, but here's a quote from Ch.7 The Bhagavad Gita which suggests that you may not have done so, at least not yet:

"O*Arjuna! The righteous who worship Me are grouped by stages: first, they who suffer, next they who desire knowledge, then they who thirst after truth, and lastly they who attain wisdom.

Of all of these, he who has gained wisdom, who meditates on Me without ceasing, devoting himself only to Me, he is the best; for by the wise man I*am exceedingly beloved and the wise man, too, is beloved by Me.

Noble-minded are they all, but the wise man I*hold as my own Self; for he, remaining always at peace with Me, makes me his final goal.

After many lives, at last the wise man realises Me as I*am. A man so enlightened that he sees God everywhere is very difficult to find."

If I believed and were convinced that my life would eventually become more valuable and worth living through all this suffering and misery as opposed to living the ideal life I had in mind (the eternal blissful life of no suffering where I can get anything I want), then I would have no issue with being here on this Earth.

But since I am convinced otherwise and am instead convinced that the only greatest life for me will always be that eternal blissful life, then I will always take issue with the idea of being sent here on Earth where there is much suffering as opposed to remaining up in the higher blissful spiritual realms where I can live forever, be forever happy, and get anything I want.
Old 21-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Knower

I think the logic (behind the whole dark/light experience paradigm) is that we would eventually end up getting bored having a perfect life.
Old 21-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
I think the logic (behind the whole dark/light experience paradigm) is that we would eventually end up getting bored having a perfect life.

Some people would, but I know that I wouldn't. So there is simply no need to have any bad things or suffering in life for me.
Old 21-12-2016, 08:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I have suffered much misery and trauma in my life. The life lesson I have learned is just how important my happiness is. Therefore, it was the happiness itself that was important here; not the life lesson. The life lesson is just a realization (a thought).

But since that realization is that it is my happiness that is of value to me, then it is my happiness that is of value to me and not the life lesson. If what was included in that life lesson was that the life lesson itself was also important to me, then the life lesson itself would also be of value to me.

So if I have come here to suffer in order to learn this life lesson, then it was all pointless. If there are higher blissful spiritual realms, then I should of just remained up there where I wouldn't have to suffer. Furthermore, I could of just simply been informed while up there how important my happiness really is.

Many people would say that we need suffering, tragedy, grief, and illness to give value and growth to our lives. When this statement is applied to me, it makes me angry because it is a statement that insists that I need things that I hate and don't value. I truly need none of those things to give value to my life.

As a matter of fact, these things only take away value from my life. If I were to live an eternal blissful life that has no suffering, no illness, and is a life where I can get everything I want, then this would truly be the greatest life for me.

It would never lose any value to me and for anyone to insist otherwise means that these people don't truly know my spiritual needs and purpose. My personal spiritual need and purpose is not to suffer, learn, and grow, but to just live forever happy with no suffering or illness and get what I want in life.

Different people have different spiritual needs and purposes and the spiritual need and purpose of suffering, learning, and growing does not apply to me. So if I came here to this Earth rather than remaining in the higher blissful spiritual realms, then it was all a big mistake to me.

Mistakes happen.

So I guess your right.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 21-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Master
And at age 28 I guess you know that life won't change or be something more than you know right now, but we always have choice when we know we have one or more, through all life experiences.

When I think back to that age and what transpired for me from that space of knowing to right now. I kind of see I think and believed lots about myself and life experiences up that point. And now I think and don't believe much at all from that time too now..I believe in myself of course and feel comfortable with what has been and gone, changed and transformed for me to this point of being.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder

Last edited by naturesflow : 21-12-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 21-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Master
N/M.........
Old 21-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Guide

I like Naturesflow's post, a lot of sense spoken there..

If there is an Intelligence behind the universe, then there is a definite purpose in us being here to experience a physical world and body. None of us can really say that our life has no value and that we would be better just living in perfection because we can't understand the Mind of God/Source/DI (Divine Intelligence). Any such statement is a limited perspective. As already pointed out, if you're in your twenties there's so much growing to do. Most people can't make sense of suffering they've gone through until years, decades later, when they can see how they've grown as a person, or perhaps others have been changed for the better as a result. No one person can hold the ultimate perspective on their own destiny even though most of us like to think we know it or can figure it all out! Time changes so much.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
No one person can hold the ultimate perspective on their own destiny even though most of us like to think we know it or can figure it all out! Time changes so much.
That's an interesting comment. But is this about knowing one's destiny? It seems more about making a conscious decision to live life in bliss, rather than give into the belief that life is suffering, or the idea that we need to suffer in order to grow spiritually. I can say from my own experiences that I have in fact grown plenty from my suffering experiences, when they have happened in my life. I do see the truth in that wisdom. But I would never say life is suffering. And I would never embrace suffering as a path to wisdom, that seems way too masochistic.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I have suffered much misery and trauma in my life. The life lesson I have learned is just how important my happiness is. Therefore, it was the happiness itself that was important here; not the life lesson. The life lesson is just a realization (a thought).

But since that realization is that it is my happiness that is of value to me, then it is my happiness that is of value to me and not the life lesson. If what was included in that life lesson was that the life lesson itself was also important to me, then the life lesson itself would also be of value to me.

A truly valuable lesson, one I learned when pulled from my parental home and fostered. Thankfully I was on my own feet enough to utterly appreciate the happiness (and security) given to me. It had a far-reaching effect even then. I don't know. Perhaps my motives were suspect but it became inherent not to disrespect what I'd been given in any way, lest I upset the arrangement. Almost a positive trauma, it sounds like!

Old 21-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's an interesting comment. But is this about knowing one's destiny? It seems more about making a conscious decision to live life in bliss, rather than give into the belief that life is suffering, or the idea that we need to suffer in order to grow spiritually. I can say from my own experiences that I have in fact grown plenty from my suffering experiences, when they have happened in my life. I do see the truth in that wisdom. But I would never say life is suffering. And I would never embrace suffering as a path to wisdom, that seems way too masochistic.

I think your missing more of what is being said in all this.

There is a definite detachment from life showing in this as well regardless of what your trying to convey as a worthwhile way of living his life..

Quote:
If I believed and were convinced that my life would eventually become more valuable and worth living through all this suffering and misery as opposed to living the ideal life I had in mind (the eternal blissful life of no suffering where I can get anything I want), then I would have no issue with being here on this Earth.

Quote:
But since I am convinced otherwise and am instead convinced that the only greatest life for me will always be that eternal blissful life, then I will always take issue with the idea of being sent here on Earth where there is much suffering as opposed to remaining up in the higher blissful spiritual realms where I can live forever, be forever happy, and get anything I want.