Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-10-2023, 04:21 PM
Master

Personally i don’t feel you can go from average IQ to genius, but i guess there is always the exception to the rule). But I DO know that you can improve your IQ greatly over the years.

Actually talking about that. Have you read anything about emotional IQ. Daniel Goldman wrote a book about it and it is very very interesting. A lot of the time our emotional IQ can serve us far greater than our intellectual IQ.
Old 20-10-2023, 05:49 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Actually talking about that. Have you read anything about emotional IQ. Daniel Goldman wrote a book about it and it is very very interesting. A lot of the time our emotional IQ can serve us far greater than our intellectual IQ.
Redchic12,

Interesting…..on this I am uninformed. The choice I presented was intentionally given to elicit responses that would favor spiritual as the choice. I think maybe I was inspired maybe by “little old ladies” in the church. Call it an aura of natural goodness which seemed to radiate calmness, peace, understanding, acceptance, forgiveness, love etc. This stood in comparison to intellectuals and ministers that pontificated about scripture, etc. I have no idea if this corresponds in any way to what you know about emotional IQ. I do know that is not dependent on intellectual IQ…..therefore being democratic in its accessibility to all……obviously I am connecting this to being spiritual and thus being the desirable choice…….
Old 20-10-2023, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Have you read anything about emotional IQ. Daniel Goldman wrote a book about it and it is very very interesting. A lot of the time our emotional IQ can serve us far greater than our intellectual IQ.
I've never read any books about Emotional IQ but I do know through experience that to know oneself is extremely valuable, understanding our emotions which can be beneficial as well as destructive (depending on how we use them) has to be a good thing. I find practising Mindfuness is a good way of observing emotions as they arise, and what triggers them....
Old 20-10-2023, 09:09 PM
Master
Maybe ones present IQ is achieved in the past and is the result of past actions/intentions etc. Spirituality might be linked to the past too.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-10-2023, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
If you had the choice would you rather be intellectual or spiritual ?

It depends on what you call intellectual and what you call spiritual. For example, some people might claim a certain person is spiritual whereas some people might claim the person is not spiritual. The same holds true for being intellectual.

Then you have some people, like Jesus, which some would say he was intellectual and also spiritual while others claim exactly the opposite.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-10-2023, 09:56 PM
Knower

I've always felt that people who are spiritual possess higher intellect by the sheer virtue of being spiritual.

Most of the idiots I know have hardly a shred of spirituality in them, and wouldn't understand it if they did.

So I don't think the distinction between spiritual and intellectual is a particularly valid one.

I think you can be intellectual and totally lack spirituality, but I'm not sure you can be spiritual and totally lack intellect.
Old 20-10-2023, 10:01 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It depends on what you call intellectual and what you call spiritual. For example, some people might claim a certain person is spiritual whereas some people might claim the person is not spiritual. The same holds true for being intellectual.
One has to decide who to trust…..some people are not reliable…..
Old 21-10-2023, 07:05 AM
Master

Molearner.

Thank you for explaining in more detail where you were coming from regarding your original question (little old ladies and a person in the pulpit). It really helped me understand the question more.

Yes I feel those little old ladies are far more spiritual than the guy standing on the pulpit. After all they are there to pray and be close to their divine because they WANT to be there whilst he, the priest is there because he HAS TO BE cos it’s his job. But that doesn’t prove anything of course. Just my observation.

Whilst the priest may be more intellectual than the ladies (although not necessarily) it doesn’t mean he’s more important or more spiritual.

So back to “intellectual or spiritual”. That’s a hard one to answer isn’t it. Thank God we don’t HAVE TO !
Old 21-10-2023, 07:57 AM
Master
Quote:

So back to “intellectual or spiritual”. That’s a hard one to answer isn’t it. Thank God we don’t HAVE TO !

Equinimity Red, that's what I'm aiming for, but sometimes I lose my balance, .
Old 21-10-2023, 01:49 PM
Master

Sky. Yes I have to agree with that. It’s all back to balance isn’t it. As Buddha said, ….”take the middle path”.